Combine/Adding Chan...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Combine/Adding Channels

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

No easy way to ask this so I'll just tell how I gathered my image data....

I did 2 hours worth of Dual band HA/OII with an Optolong L-eXtreme Filter. Then 1 hour 'each'

using my single band OIII filter and my SII filter...Three different filters.

Now, when I processed it in APP, I selected the Split Channels method. Trying to segregate each color. then after running thru the HA, OIII and SII. I selected the Combine RGB tab. After running it all thru, then selecting the color sliders like I normally do, I ended up with a reddish image, no colors. 

Does APP distinguish the OIII and SII from my light frames and pull this out? When I loaded up all the frames, calibration frames, etc, I did it all together at the same time...

Was this correct, or am I doing this wrong? I've never tried to process an image before using three different filters. See Screen shot of image.

Thanks,

Rod

RGB Image

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What algorithm did you choose in CombineRGB? I also wonder if this object has a lot of OIII/SII data..

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod 

I used the HSO-1 Method, selected Add at the top next to where it says Normalize, just below the Add Channel Tab...It's getting better...This is the SHO Hubble-2, still needs post processing

NAN RGB SII SHO Hubble 2

Maybe I should use the SHO Hubble 1 or 2...

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah there it is. 🙂 Yes, so the different presets will show you what channel data is being combined and how in the sliders below. You can always make your own mix, the ones you choose are just presets.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

This one was strange in that it did not like the Luminance. I had all three channels down near '0' before the colors showed. It was looking like a bright ball of light before. I'll just keep tinkering with it. Thanks

R

ReplyQuote
Share: