Can APP remove refl...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Can APP remove reflection of the entire primary mirror on super bright stars?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 J_DP
(@nateman_doo)
Red Giant
Topic starter  
SADR

I was imaging the star SADR in Cygnus with my 10" R/C and got some over the top reflection.  I have tried experimenting with the light pollution tool to grab sections of that gray around the star, and it removes some sections in the top left where there is bright nebulosity behind it.  I was just curious if APP can even work on that level.  Not sure how to even attempt in photoshop either. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not really, this artifact is so big that I think it will create other artifacts in place of the reflection. The star reducer may do better in this respect in the future, but don't expect miracles.

ReplyQuote
(@lammertus)
Neutron Star

If I'm not mistaken, that might have to do with the primary baffle tube being too short.

There are quit some threads on CN on this theme, for my RC8 it works very well!

There are many different sizes for each RC, check this thread:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/793915-baffle-extension-for-12-gso-rc-to-prevent-reflections-and-light-leaks/?hl=%20baffle

You could try with some carton rolled into a tube that fits inside your primary baffle and see if that helps!

Good luck,

Mert

ReplyQuote
Share: