Feature request - p...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Feature request - please add full version number

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I see form the forum that a new release of APP is available (1.083.4), but when I check my copy of the software it only gives the first two decimals of the version (1.083) so I can't tell if I need to update or not.

Can you please add the full version number to the APP license info display at some point?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It already is, it's likely that you didn't update yet?

ReplyQuote
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

It already is, it's likely that you didn't update yet?

How would I know! 🤣 

Mine just shows 1.083

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, so basically you're asking for a "an update is available" notification. 🙂 For now that's always announced on top of the forum and here; https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

ReplyQuote
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Yes, so basically you're asking for a "an update is available" notification. 🙂 For now that's always announced on top of the forum and here; https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/appreleases/downloads/

But my point is how do I know my copy of APP needs updating? Clicking on the License button in APP only gives the first two decimals of the version I am running (in my case 1.083) so I can't tell if that is 1.083.1, 1.083.2, 1.083.3 etc

So how can I tell if the version advertised on this website is newer than the one I have?

Maybe I didn't explain this clearly in my OP, but I thought I did.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The license information gives the exact version you currently have. So that is 1.083. If you download 1.083.4 and install that, it will show that as well. It doesn't show if there are further updates, that's a bit tricky to do because of how we setup the server where the downloads are. So you'd have to check the forum to see if newer versions are available and you can see that using the license info panel where the current version is shown.

ReplyQuote
(@stuartt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

The license information gives the exact version you currently have. So that is 1.083. If you download 1.083.4 and install that, it will show that as well. It doesn't show if there are further updates, that's a bit tricky to do because of how we setup the server where the downloads are. So you'd have to check the forum to see if newer versions are available and you can see that using the license info panel where the current version is shown.

Oh I see!! (sorry, I assumed that the software was truncating the last part of the version number... !)

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Share: