19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.
31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!
Looking at the data. The flats and MF you uploaded, as well as the lights, I can't see dust spots in actually. 🙂 Also, for some reason I'm trying to see, the flats won't assign to the lights. You should see that Masterflat (MF) is added to the light frames (in the table) if the flat is actually used. Is that working ok for you?
@vincent-mod I just uploaded a word document that shows you what I see. From my side, it's quite noticeable.
Thanks, I'll have a look. But can you check if you see the MF assigned to the lights in APP?
@vincent-mod can I do that after the fact? Or would I need to do another session to stack them again?
You can see this by loading a few lights, add the masterflat, masterbias and masterdark and then select "l-calibrated" on top of the APP preview window. APP will then calibrate the light that you select to view. It then should assign MB, MD and MF to the file you clicked on.
Small edit: I now see the dust also clearly, I had to neutralize the background. 🙂 But still I can't see the flat being assigned to the light. That would explain why it doesn't calibrate, but I'm hearing Wouter does have that working. Something weird is going on somewhere in the data. We investigate further. 🙂
@vincent-mod I did the step and now says, for one line example, in the frame column:
Light 1 L-Pro Session 1 MD-1 all channels session 1 BPM-1 CA
Ok, got the assignment working now as well, might have mixed up a label somewhere. Please check if you see the MF-1 mentioned in your table, who knows you made a similar mistake.
So, looking at it now, it does get assigned, seems to correct the light vignetting properly. The signal from just the few lights is not enough to really see a nice nebula, but this is what I got with over stretching:
I now can't see the dust to be honest.
@vincent-mod I believe I attached the light frame that was generated from APP that had all the dust on it too. And I'm using the same process I've used for... at least a year if not longer now but the last 4 targets I've shot I can't get the dust out from APP.
@endeavor384 Right, excellent, that means you had the same issue I stumbled upon. Your flats are not being used to actually correct anything. Not sure why though, but I now loaded the lights and assigned L-pro as my label to all of them. I did the same with the flats, assigned them to L-pro as well, flat-darks same and the darks to everything. That suddenly worked. Can you try that? Use raw calibration data, not the masters.
@endeavor384 Yes, I know, I think something somewhere changed, maybe in the FITS header or something that causes this behavior, I never have this much trouble to actually assign things. So, did you update or use a different program since the last 4 sessions for instance?
@vincent-mod I will give that a try.
As far as changing... the ONLY thing that's physically changed is asi1600mm vs asi2600mc pro's. I still use NINA for my acquisition with the same everything else so I'm wondering if the 2600 is doing something differently.
@vincent-mod that fixed my issue. I guess I will just manually assign for now versus leaving at default "assign to filters" when loading the images into APP. Definitely looks way cleaner.
Great! So I'll ask Mabula to have a look as well as I'm not really seeing what the actual issue then is. Anyway, glad it worked!
@vincent-mod Yeah for sure; It's almost like it isn't properly grabbing the filter in each FITS file between lights and flats to connect them.