Beginner question: ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Beginner question: APP for landscape astrophotography?

4 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@schakravarthi)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Can APP be used for this purpose? ( I want to freeze foreground) If so how?  Do I need to create Mosaics for this? There is an another tool Sequator that does this but I am not having luck with its stacking either.. 

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Srini C.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@schakravarthi Hi Srini. This currently is not possible with APP.

ReplyQuote
(@rickwayne)
Neutron Star

Although it's really not hard to do a stack with APP, then composite it with a single sub that has the landscape nice and sharp. 

ReplyQuote
(@wheeljack)
Main Sequence Star

I stack with APP even when doing landscape astrophotography (if more than ~5-10 minutes of integration) as I think it produces a much better stacked result than Sequator. I then cut out the blurred landscape and blend with an untracked photo in Photoshop. You can't really use the remove light pollution tool though as the gradients produced by the blurry landscape really throws off the process.

ReplyQuote
Share: