bug?: (1.083-beta2)...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

bug?: (1.083-beta2): Star Analysis not possible, APP restarts calibration again and again  

RSS

(@peter-s)
Main Sequence Star Customer
July 26, 2021 22:42  

Hello,

when starting star analysis after loading and calibrating my 50 L F DF + MB + MD frames APP doesnt perform a star analysis but restarts calibration. (I am also repeatedly asked where to save my Master frames)

Some days ago, with a similar stack, APP ran without problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
July 26, 2021 22:59  

@peter-s Hi Peter, very strange indeed. What OS are you on? Did you try rebooting the PC/laptop? Is your data on the internal HD or an external one? If external, is it an SSD?

ReplyQuote
(@peter-s)
July 26, 2021 23:09  

Hi Wouter,

W10 64bit, Pi7, 64 GB RAM, L + F + DF + MB + MD loaded from int. HDD, working directory is int. SSD; I did a reboot and several trials - no change.

Now it runs after unchecking "auto detect Masters & Integrations" - that was always checked.

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
July 27, 2021 01:55  

@peter-s Hi Peter, I'll ask Mabula for help.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
July 27, 2021 22:48  
Posted by: @peter-s

Hello,

when starting star analysis after loading and calibrating my 50 L F DF + MB + MD frames APP doesnt perform a star analysis but restarts calibration. (I am also repeatedly asked where to save my Master frames)

Some days ago, with a similar stack, APP ran without problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Peter

Dear Peter,

If you load the single flats and darkflats, APP will again try to make Master calibration frames (MasterFlat and MasterDarkFlat) If you already have created the MasterFlat, you only need to load the masters and then APP will start directly with 3) Analyse stars.

I think that should explain it? Or is there something else happening you think?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@peter-s)
July 27, 2021 23:14  

@mabula-admin

Dear Mabula,

yes, I know. I started from beginning and couldnt proceed with the next step = star analysis; when clicking on "analyse stars" APP restarted calibration of all frames until I unchecked "auto detect Masters & Integrations".
Peter

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
July 28, 2021 18:17  

Hi Peter @peter-s,

Not sure though what exactly happened. The "auto detect Masters & Integrations" will detect Masters and Light frame Integrations no matter with which button you load them. So if you load a MasterDark with the Lights button, it will still be loaded as a MasterDark. So by disabling "auto detect Masters & Integrations" and still having loaded single calibration frames, I guess APP would still start with trying to create calibration frames, because that always is the first step before anything else.

Do you want me to check you data to see what exactly happenend or is all okay now?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@peter-s)
July 28, 2021 22:50  

Hi Mabula,

....I think leaving the Light frames checked lead to that behaviour, even if that never happened before.

Thanks!

Peter

ReplyQuote
Share: