Brighten my fits fi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Brighten my fits files? Possible??

9 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Last weekend I tried imaging with my new Rokinon 135mm lens. Paired it with the ASi533mcpro. Now it turns out my fits files of the larger Orion area are too dim. (User error I am sure) Is there anything I can do to brighten the 150 individual 10-second fits files? They won't register because the stars are too dim. I can see them on my screen but only a few will register.   I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Stretched Light M42 10.0s Rok enhance 533MC gain50 20221216 220210  10.0C 0017

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

If you brighten them they go non-linear, so I would change your pattern recognition to triangles. It works for stuff with barely any stars.

Capture

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks for educating me.  Loading APP now!

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I have 150 10 second plus others subs at 120, 60, and 30 seconds.  So far, changing to triangles did not help. When I reduce or increaser the number of stars all the 10 second subs will not register and some of the longer ones as well.  I have loaded each set as a different session.  Nothing I have tried will register all the subs.  

So I tried stacking each session individually,  that is, only selecting all the 10 second subs etc.  Doing this the frames that would not register when integrating ALL, will register and stack.  I guess I will pursue this angle, but if there is any other better approach I will appreciate hearing it.  Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

That is strange because you can see enough stars in there that they should have been picked up. I would almost set everything to the defaults, then set star detection at 2000 or 2500 and see what you get. I'd still keep triangles for registration. Just curious, how many stars is it showing for registration?

Here is a 30s sub in Sii that has been stretched a little to make things show, but it looks to have about as many stars as yours does showing up. I had no problem registering them.

Capture

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks very much.  Some of the 10 seconds subs will register.  Depending on the settings a few or many will not.  The star count shows in the attached screenshots. I set the analyze stars to 2000 for this test.  Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2022 12 21 at 4.41.51 PM
Screen Shot 2022 12 21 at 4.42.34 PM

ImNewHere reacted
ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

I would think it should be able to register on that, but I would also check the star analysis at 5000 and see what happens then, and maybe again at 8000 just to see what you get.

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star

Ohh, and if not on the latest beta I'd make sure to do that too. I think some of the earlier ones might have had problems with star registration.

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I set analyze stars at 2000.  I was finally able to stack 90 out of 150.  Later on I will see if I can move closer to 130 or so.  Thanks for progress!

ReplyQuote
Share: