Astro Pixel Process...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Astro Pixel Processor and ASI294MM artifacts?  

RSS

(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 10, 2021 16:12  

Good night,

I've been using APP flawlessly during several years. Right now I have upgrade to an ASI294MM and I'm finding that my images show some strange stacking patterns (vertical lines). No sign of this patterns on: BIAS (0,1"), FLATS (0,2"), DARKS (120"), BAD PIXEL MAP. So I guess it could be APP that introduces it...

Here there is a sample image on M13 region to see it: Single 120" Luminance (Baader filter 31mm) 120Gain_30Offset image:

artifacs APP

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
April 10, 2021 23:07  

@aleix To me these look like hot pixels that have been shifted a bit during the night. Are you sure that your darks are good so that APP can get rid of the hot pixels?

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 01:35  

Thanks @wvreeven for your quick reply. I just started a new serie of darks and bias to see if the problem comes from there. I'll keep you updated.

Could it be related because I left all at deffault mode? I did not adjust any clipping settings.

Thanks again,

Aleix

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 11:34  

odd HOT PIXELS
odd HOT PIXELS NEW SIGMA

I captured new DARKS, BIAS and the problem persists. I also used MEDIAN SIGMA and also persists. Could it be caused by tha lack of dark_flats? My flats were 0.5" exposure... I only captured 0.1" BIAS, no dark_flats.

Thanks so much,

Aleix

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
April 11, 2021 13:20  

@aleix Can you upload some lights and some calibration data to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com

using upload3 for both username and password? Create a folder aleix_hot_pixels and put the data in there. Then we can have a look and try to help you. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 13:22  

@wvreeven Yes, I do that. Thanks.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Aleix

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Red Giant Customer
April 11, 2021 13:35  

With CMOS camera you should avoid taking bias: instead, it's mandatory to take dark-flats.

Then you should take flats with longer exposure, to say at least above 1 sec, better from 2 sec. 

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 13:53  

@ippiu

Thanks. I'll try that as well. My flats are 0,5" in average... Should I capture 2"?? Not the exact amount of time?

Never had this problem with my old ASI1600MM. Worked with BIAS along 4 years (maybe I had issues that were not that bad).

Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Red Giant Customer
April 11, 2021 14:00  

@aleix

I usually take my flats with 2 second exposure if i use l-pro filter; 3 second with l-extreme. Unity gain. 50 in total.

I'm using a cheap Lacerta led panel with dimmable light so that I can adjust light to match exactly above exposures depending on filter used. 

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 14:04  
Posted by: @wvreeven

using upload3 for both username and password? Create a folder aleix_hot_pixels and put the data in there. Then we can have a look and try to help you. Thanks!

Already done. Thanks for your support. As always, excellent!!

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 14:04  

Already done. Thanks for your support. As always, excellent!!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
April 11, 2021 14:59  

@aleix Thanks a lot. In tab 2 at the bottom in the Cosmic Correction section I enabled "hot pixel kappa" and left it to 3.0 and then the hot pixels disappeared. Please give that a try and lower it to 2.5 if 3.0 doesn't work for you.

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 15:09  

@aleix Thanks a lot. In tab 2 at the bottom in the Cosmic Correction section I enabled "hot pixel kappa" and left it to 3.0 and then the hot pixels disappeared. Please give that a try and lower it to 2.5 if 3.0 doesn't work for you.

Many thanks. Right now just trying this setting. I'll update soon. 

Thanks and best wishes,

Aleix

ReplyQuote
(@aleix)
White Dwarf Customer
April 11, 2021 15:16  

Problem solved! Thanks so much for your really fast solution. 

SOLVED

As always, APP always there when things go wrong. Many many thanks!

Regards,

Aleix Roig

ReplyQuote
Share: