Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

ASI533MC

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@astrohound24)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have moved to a dedicated cooled camera and trying to figure out exactly what steps to use to load my FITs files into APP. Sorry for the inexperience on this, but a little overwhelmed as I know it’s different from the old DSLR I was used to operating. Thanks for any advice you guys can give. 

Greg 

ReplyQuote
(@oopfan)
Neutron Star

Hi Greg,

Have you watched any of the video tutorials? Two years ago when I joined, I started with Sara Wager's  tutorials, specifically the video entitled "Getting started With Astro Pixel Processor". She's using an older version, but the workflow is the same.

Also, check out YouTube. There are a ton of How-To videos. Just type "Astro Pixel Processor" in the search bar. You might want to start there. APP's tutorials tend to focus on advanced techniques.

Brian

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@astrohound24 no need to apologize for simply wanting to learn, that's to be praised even. 😉

You can have a look at the video's above indeed, but it's basically very similar to what you were used to. The things you have to watch out for in such a camera are a proper gain and offset value (usually this can be found online for your model), also when you shoot bias frames, shoot them at 0.5 seconds at least. Too fast may cause issues with these sensors. If all that is fine, you simply get your raw subs again, just like with the DSLR and load them into APP together with the calibration data. The rest of the workflow is the same.

ReplyQuote
(@astrohound24)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I want to thank you guys so much for the info. I recently setup an ASIAir Pro along with my Meade 70mm astrograph. My equipment is working well and I am slowly learning about my exposure lengths, etc. I love APP. I will watch the videos you guys referenced and see what I can figure out. Thanks so much again.

ReplyQuote
Share: