APP Quality Measure...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP Quality Measures

3 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

After Normalization APP generates many statistics on subs, and I am trying to work my way through them to be a little more sophisticated in rejecting weak subs. Previously, I was only looking at star shape.

1) When I select a range and right-click the mouse I have numerous sort options. How is Best to Worst different than Quality?

2) How does APP weight the various measures: #stars/density, background and dispersion, SNR and noise, FWHM min/max shape? Oddly, looking at my Blue data the last five subs had markedly worse SNR rank, but the highest overall quality scores! See attached.

Quality Results M31

3) I take it background is brightness. For example, a cloud passes by. What exactly is dispersion?

ippiu reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

APP looks at various parameters basically to qualify the data. The quality score is taking into account the star shape quite a bit. So it may score higher there due to very round stars for example.

ippiu reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeffmorgan)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thanks for that, it is helpful.

My transparency in the high desert tends to be very consistent. Brightness of course can change a bit during the night. So I suspected FWHM and roundness were the main drivers.

It seems like a good approach. Reprocessing my M31 image dropping the worst 8% of the data made a very nice improvement.

ReplyQuote
Share: