APP not saving file...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

[Solved] APP not saving files into the working folder I select

(@tempusfugitxxii)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

I have noticed that since the last update, APP does not save the files into the working folder I select.  It saves the files into folders I had used on previous sessions.

Is this a known bug?

This topic was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Tempus

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

It should, unless you pick another directory when it asks to save the results?

ReplyQuote
(@tempusfugitxxii)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod. it sends the files into a previous session directory not the one I specified when I opened the "now opened" session.  I never had that problem until the last update in February.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Mmm, I'm forwarding this to Mabula, I don't think much changed in just the latest version here, but could be wrong..

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

@tempusfugitxxii, in the latest version we had a big update of the file save module. Normally, the results in 2), 4),5),6) were always placed in the Working Directory. Now you can adjust this with the Set Save Directory button.

We have not yet implemented that APP will remember the working directory of a previous session, so this can not be the case here. You must have set it to a different location with the Set Save Dir I assume?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tempusfugitxxii)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

It is happening to me right now.   I did a session an hour ago. Closed APP and then came back for a second session for a different target.

The 1st session was no problem but when saving during the second session, APP sends the saved files to the previous directory that I had selected in session #1.  It does not pick the directory I selected when starting session #2.

APP saving to a previous directory

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi @tempusfugitxxii,

From that screenshot I can not tell what is happening. And what are you saving here while being in menu 4)Register? Are you saving a frame with the Save button below the histogram? That folder can always be adjusted by clicking on Directory and will show the latest path that you were I think, and not the Working Directory.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tempusfugitxxii)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

What I am saying is: the folder in which the files will be saved with the save button under the histogram does not always correspond to the working directory. This is new with this release.  Was that intended to be the case?  If yes, I'll know better from now on.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi @tempusfugitxxii,

Indeed, that is new in this release with the new file saver which is much more flexible than before 😉

It look like you are saving registered frames with the save button below the histogram? It would be easier and better to do it with the Save Registered Frames option at the bottom of menu 4). That will always save in your Working Directory by default, unless you explicitely set the Save Directory with the set Save Directory button above the save registered frames button 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: