APP for wide-field ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP for wide-field astro-landscape

3 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@kijja)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am interesting in applying APP to astro-landscpe photography. With only 5 subs of 13 seconds ,some darks and a BPM,  the quality of my milky way image from APP is much improved. In my opinion, it is much easier than using the long exposure via a tracking mount method. However, post-processing color management is quiet difficult in APP 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That is looking great I have to say! What did you try to use for calibrating the colours? Did you try to saturate the image in APP?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Kijja

Hi,

I am interesting in applying APP to astro-landscpe photography. With only 5 subs of 13 seconds ,some darks and a BPM,  the quality of my milky way image from APP is much improved. In my opinion, it is much easier than using the long exposure via a tracking mount method. However, post-processing color management is quiet difficult in APP 

Hi @kijja (and @vincent-mod ),

Please accept my late response to your topic.

The image looks great to start with I think. Have you tried Star Color Calibration and enabling saturation in APP like Vincent indicates ?

I think you should be able to improve this result towards a result with a bit more color, but it does depend on the data off course.

A result like this:

?ssl=1

is 100% made in APP using APP's Star Color Calibration and APP's saturation function in the previewfilter with background protection.

Cheers,

Mabula

GiPap reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: