APP crashes with EX...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP crashes with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@clucernoni)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello all. This is my first post and I'm on the trial version of the app. So far it's great and i'm loving it. I have used APP successfully on my MS Surface Pro laptop. It's great and works everytime.

The issue i have run into is on my 3 year old desktop. I thought it would be faster with a dedicated GPU with a nice i9 processor.

When I run it, I very often get a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION according to the logs. This usually happens in the middle of the analyzing stars step. It will get about half way through and then the app just disappears. No error pops up or anything. I had to go to the directory to find the error log. I have once been able to get through and successfully integrate, but every other time it fails. I tried this on both Astro Pixel Processor 1.083.4 Windows 64bit and 2.0.0 beta4. Sometimes it seems to crash may computer, sometimes not. But always the same error in the logs. I thought perhaps it could be a heat problem (my liquid cooling system hasn't been clean in a while 😐 ) but nothing else is experiencing this. I am running Windows 11 on both laptop and desktop.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I can provide any additional info you need.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@clucernoni Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the trouble that you're experiencing. Could you please post the full crash report here? That should give us the info we need to help you solve this.

Posted by: @clucernoni

The issue i have run into is on my 3 year old desktop. I thought it would be faster with a dedicated GPU with a nice i9 processor.

APP doesn't support processing on GPUs and I think there are plans to implement that in a future (but not the next) version.

Thanks, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@clucernoni)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Thanks for the response. Attached are two different error logs.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@clucernoni Thanks for providing the logs. I have asked Mabula to have a look at them. He is currently traveling so please allow for a few days for him to respond.

ReplyQuote
(@clucernoni)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@clucernoni)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Good morning. I was curious if there was any update on this issue?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@clucernoni Sorry, not yet.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Christopher @clucernoni,

Thank you very much for sharing the crash reports. I have had a good look at them. They both originate from 1.083 I see and the crash occurs in different parts of the program. This indicates a RAM issue with a high certainty. The fact that you get the error at different stages and sometimes not is also very indicative of a RAM/memory issue.

Now... an Exception Access Violation is in fact a RAM issue. If you google for it, you will quickly find this.

APP should run without issues on a normal windows installation. Could it be that you have special security settings configured in the windows desktop computer? Have you run RAM diagnostics? To be clear, this error can be thrown due to a corrupt RAM module. If RAM was tested succesfully, perhaps a solution can be found here: https://thegeekpage.com/exception-access-violation/

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: