APP 2.0 cant set me...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP 2.0 cant set memory limit

5 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
(@curtis2010)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I recently installed APP 2.0 and I am unable to set the memory limit. When I click the CFG button no options show to set memory limit.  I have rebooted the system and still get the same behavior. I have checked for hidden windows and there are none. 

Screen shot attached.

Clipboard01

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@curtis2010 This is new in the APP 2.0.0 beta versions. APP sets the memory it uses to the available system memory minus 4 Gb. No need to set the memory limit anymore. If you run out of memory then you need to process in batches of smaller numbers of lights. Or make sure your computer has more memory but that's far more expensive of course.

Curtis2010 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@curtis2010)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Yes, I was processing a mosaic when APP ran out of memory. Instead I processed each frame separately.

In the process of building a new machine with 64GB of DDRM5 RAM...with room to expand to 128GB.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Curtis2010

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @curtis2010

Instead I processed each frame separately.

In the context of mosaics I think the term "panel" generally is used and "frame" refers to a single light or sub. I could be wrong of course 🙂

Yes, processing the panels separately and then combining them is a great way of avoiding memory issues and speeding up processing. 

Curtis2010 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@curtis2010)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Yep, processing the "panels" separately worked well...now to expand the mosaic!

ReplyQuote
Share: