Weird inverted or d...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Weird inverted or dark issue with removing light pollution

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I've never ran into this issue with any previous version (tested on APP 1.083-beta2)

, but i keep having issues with app doing this no matter what boxes or areas i select.. anyone else ran into this one?

Capturelightpollutionissue

Thanks in advance

This topic was modified 3 years ago by markm75

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

edit: ok, i dont think this is beta related, i dropped back a version, same issue.  The image is originally an Lenhance image with the asi294mc pro.  Calibrate background has the same effect

Here is the Lenhance original image that was integrated:

Capturelightpollutionissue1
This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by markm75

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That's a weird one indeed. So when exactly do you get the result on top?

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

That's a weird one indeed. So when exactly do you get the result on top?

Its with the light pollution removal tool and also with the background tool

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, what happens if you do this on an integration where you didn't use calibration data?

ReplyQuote
(@markm75)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Mmm, what happens if you do this on an integration where you didn't use calibration data?

Really strange, so if i take out the masters, it is a reddish image, but if i enter the light pollution tool, it neutralizes things and aside from the need for a dark, its strangely normal looking already without a flat (maybe some biproduct of the lenhance, unsure, though i know there are spots that should show up).

At any rate, if i make squares and hit calculate, nothing much happens that i can see visually, though it doesnt break and get inverted in this scenario.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ok, that does point to an issue with the calibration data I think. If you want I can have a look at your masters.

ReplyQuote
Share: