APP 1.077 crashes

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP 1.077 crashes

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wim-schmidt)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I just have uplaoded version 1.077 for windows.

Till now never problems with APP but since the updata regularly the program really vanish: without warning the program disappears.

I have a Canon 6D Mark2, and use raw images.

Especially it looks as if it happens when I use no darks and only flats.  But even when I only intergrate 'lights'. Are there conditions this happens: other ASA used in the flats as in the lights? is this a CPU problem. What çan be the problem. I get frustrated.

wim

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, I wonder if this is related to an issue with the GPU drivers, I've tagged your post for Mabula to have a closer look at it. We might ask you to upload a few raw frames when necessary.

ReplyQuote
(@wim-schmidt)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

hallo vincent

Dank daarvoor. Ik ben nog wat verder gegaan:

Ik start APP op ( op een net opgestarte computer) en meld de workspace.

auto detect masters staat aan; ,multi- channel en session uit

Uit workspace laad ik 10 darks als 'darks' (waar ik niets geks in zie) en dan vraagt hij twee keer of de multisession channel mode ingeschakeld moet worden. twee keer moet ik dat ontkennen en dan druk je op calibrate  en create masters & assign to lights

APP verdwijnt na kwart seconde; dus hele programma verdwijnt en kun je opnieuw beginnen.

Heeft dit met elkaar te maken? heeft het te maken met wat APP in zijn geheugen houdt? 

doe ik iets stoms?

gr wim

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @wim-schmidt

hallo vincent

Dank daarvoor. Ik ben nog wat verder gegaan:

Ik start APP op ( op een net opgestarte computer) en meld de workspace.

auto detect masters staat aan; ,multi- channel en session uit

Uit workspace laad ik 10 darks als 'darks' (waar ik niets geks in zie) en dan vraagt hij twee keer of de multisession channel mode ingeschakeld moet worden. twee keer moet ik dat ontkennen en dan druk je op calibrate  en create masters & assign to lights

APP verdwijnt na kwart seconde; dus hele programma verdwijnt en kun je opnieuw beginnen.

Heeft dit met elkaar te maken? heeft het te maken met wat APP in zijn geheugen houdt? 

doe ik iets stoms?

gr wim

Hi Wim @wim-schmidt,

Can you please post your messages in English ? This is an international English forum. Thanks 😉

It sounds like a fatal error to me somehow. Have you set the amount of memory for APP to use more than 2GBs of RAM with the CFG button ?

If you want me to have a look at your frames, please upload them here:

https://ariesprodstor.astropixelprocessor.com:7001/

username and password : appuser

Please create a folder with your name let me know once uploaded and I will have a look as soon as possible.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@wim-schmidt)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin

Hello

I have allocated 7GB to APP.

I will send you the 10 darks.

greetings wim

ReplyQuote
(@wim-schmidt)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I uploaded 7 darks but, wrongly, to the root  . I can't correct it. sorry.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Wim @wim-schmidt,

Thank you, no problem 😉

I will investigate now and will let you now 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Dear Wim @wim-schmidt,

What have you done with these CR2 files? Other image processing applications like Pixinsight also can't open these.

I will investigate to see what exactly is happening, but my suspicion is that these are not CR2s directly from your camera but have been altered by some other application. Is that correct?

Googling tells me that you have altered these CR2s with Photoshop, because there are also XMP files.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @mabula-admin

Dear Wim @wim-schmidt,

What have you done with these CR2 files? Other image processing applications like Pixinsight also can't open these.

I will investigate to see what exactly is happening, but my suspicion is that these are not CR2s directly from your camera but have been altered by some other application. Is that correct?

Googling tells me that you have altered these CR2s with Photoshop, because there are also XMP files.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Hi Wim @wim-schmidt,

The fatal error on your images comes from the lastest LibRaw build. It can't process these CR2s due to their manipulation by Photoshop. That also explains why other applications can't read your CR2 files.

So this is an error out of my control.

Since the files that you uploaded are darks, I think it is good to point out, that data calibration (to work properly) needs unaltered data straight from the camera. So I can't recommend to first process these darks with photoshop and then still use them for data calibration. That will lead to many possible problems and unexpected results.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@wim-schmidt)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks,

strange. I did not remember doing anything with these files except opening them in ACDSEE.

But other darks are working fine, so I deleted them. This was indeed the problem. Further now APP works flawless.

greetings wim

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Wim @wim-schmidt,

Okay, that is good to hear.

You want to be careful that other applications don't make alterations to your raw frames. That is what happened here. Did ACDSEE make those XMP files?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: