Adding more files, ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Adding more files, once Integrated, causes Java Exception: ShowFileListWorker, java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 18

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
10.4 K Views
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

APP 1.064

Created (test) mosaic. Integrated it all, decided to add more files from another session. Pressed the Lights button to load lights. Selected files. Java exception popped up. Tried again, same.

Encountered error in module:
ShowFileListWorker

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 18

Cause:
eT.a(Unknown Source)
eT.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

And randomly it is displaying a FITS file from a completely different of from my filesystem (in my case, M31 when all my files are to do with NGC6960/6990 - which are from a completely different processing and files area!) when I go to load up the Integration file (that was showing perfectly fine prior to this exception!)

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: itarchitectkev

APP 1.064

Created (test) mosaic. Integrated it all, decided to add more files from another session. Pressed the Lights button to load lights. Selected files. Java exception popped up. Tried again, same.

ShowFileListWorker

Error message:

Cause:
eT.a(Unknown Source)

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Thank you for sharing this problem.

Can you share more information?

A screenshot of the complete bottom frame list panel and a screenshot or output of the last 100s of lines of the console panel?

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hmm. I may have to put on hold. I ended up wanting to access my resultant FITS (and I couldn't as per my second message in this thread) so I closed APP before capturing the error in the log window. I tried to replicate the actions again, and couldn't get the error. Will update if I see the problem again.

Or is the information in the log window written out to a file somewhere?

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

This errored the other day:

I ran through a complete session - from adding files to Integration. I decided to add more files (no multi-session, just adding more lights) and I got the error:

ErrorAfterAddingFiles2

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hmm. I may have to put on hold. I ended up wanting to access my resultant FITS (and I couldn't as per my second message in this thread) so I closed APP before capturing the error in the log window. I tried to replicate the actions again, and couldn't get the error. Will update if I see the problem again.

Or is the information in the log window written out to a file somewhere?

Hi @itarchitectkev,

First, please accept my apologies for my late response.

To follow-up on this, does the error still occur sometimes with the latest APP version?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin I've not seen this in the latest version. It seemed like an intermittent problem when first reported so if it happens again, I'll update this message.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Okay, please do,  thanks 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi! A while ago I posted a problem whereby I'm getting Java Exception errors thrown when - after Integration - I go back to add more data.

The issue is related to the file listing box. It appears you may have some issue in that the amount of files displayed possibly doesn't match the files loaded, thus causing an exception or some other leak because after getting the frequent ShowFileListWorker exception I went to process an entirely different set of data where I cleared down only my Lights and any artefacts related to that previous session - and it kept failing on Analyse Stars saying it couldn't find a file, which did exist on my filesystem. I ended up closing APP and restarting again (something very frustrating as I was doing a new multi-session - we really WANT project save/load!)

To recreate:

1. Create a normal Integration, select all defaults - I don't think the processing options make a difference.
  2. Add more Lights
  3. Go through the steps to get a final Integration. Sometimes it happens on Analyse Stars, other times not, other times it's further on in the process.

It happened to me last night. Whilst I'm imaging, I tend to download them to my PC for processing to see how things are progressing. Once more FITS files are completed, I add more and re-process, and at this point all strange things happen - double clicking on a file to view it would actually load up an entirely different frame suggesting a mismatch in the file list. I'm using 1.069 (but this problem has been there for a few releases).

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Thank you very much for the clear description on how to duplicate the bug and thus fix it. I will test to see if I can find this nasty bug... !

This has been added to my worklist to fix as soon as possible 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Just a heads up - I got this error today after starting new.

Steps to recreate:

1. Choose multi-session
  2. Load up lights, darks, etc for one session
  3. Load up lights, darks, etc for second session
  4. Run Calibration
  5. Run Analyse Stars
  6. Error Appears

So the problem appears to be related to multi-sessions at least, or you're setting (or a bug in the library) the value of an array, but as a user I'm allowed to add more to this array related to the showing the file list in the File List viewer.

The part of the code is "FRAME DETAILS UPDATER"

FileListError2
FileListError1

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Thank you very much. As promised, I will work on both problems in the coming days to have it fixed in the next release 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

APP 1.064

ShowFileListWorker

Error message:

Cause:
eT.a(Unknown Source)

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Good news, I have located this error now.

To be sure, do you set the sorting (1) LOAD) of the frames on anything other than the default, for instance on quality ?

I trigger this bug now when I set the sorting to quality, do an integration, then add some frames, reprocess and then it occurs.

This error is in the ShowFileListWorker and has to do with the sorting code.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin, yes I do. I realise now I didn't post a real full set of steps to recreate as I didn't think that was a consequence. And I can see how that can now manifest itself as  you need to know the full bounds to be able to order it, so then when adding new files or manipulating the list [add/remove] and the array isn't updated correctly/or assumptions made...

Kev

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi  @itarchitectkev,

No problem, the error message and the piece of code where the error occured was enough to track this one down.

I have fixed all sorting code 😉 now, so it will be part of the next release.

I will now test your second issue, to see if it was directly related or if it is another bug.

Cheers and thanks,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Steps to recreate:

1. Choose multi-session
  4. Run Calibration
  5. Run Analyse Stars
  6. Error Appears

So the problem appears to be related to multi-sessions at least, or you're setting (or a bug in the library) the value of an array, but as a user I'm allowed to add more to this array related to the showing the file list in the File List viewer.

FileListError2
FileListError1

Hi  @itarchitectkev,

I have located this bug as well, it's related to the sorting code, but another bug indeed...

Will fix this a.s.a.p. 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Steps to recreate:

1. Choose multi-session
  4. Run Calibration
  5. Run Analyse Stars
  6. Error Appears

FileListError2
FileListError1

Hi @itarchitectkev,

This bug has now been found and fixed as well. Thank you for reporting this. I have tested and corrected all code relating to sorting that could trigger this bug.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: