APP Presentation Op...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP Presentation Opportunity

12 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

APP got mentioned several times on last night's "The Astro Imaging Channel" weekly Youtube show.  Adam Jaffe, the host of the show, said based on interest from the show's chat room, he was looking for someone to do a presentation on APP in a future show.

The bad news:  The Astro Imaging Channel airs Sunday night at 10PM Eastern Time - so a pretty bad time for a presenter from Europe.  Shows range from an hour to two hours, depending on how much material you have to present. 

The good news:  Astronomers are used to working at night 🙂 and the Astro Imaging Channel shows are archived on Youtube and usually have over 1000 views.  The show is hosted by a panel of influential imagers so a good way to spread the word.

I think it would be fantastic if Mabula could present, but given the time the show airs, maybe someone else would be interested if Mabula is not.  

There is a contact email address on their website at  http://www.testing.theastroimagingchannel.com/contact/

Rowland

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Rowland @rowland-f-archer-jr,

Thank you very much for sharing this 😉

I had a sneak peak of yesterday's show and I saw Chris Garner's @gcgarner excellent Lagoon Nebula made with APP as IOTW (Image Of The Week).

I think it should be possible to join the show myself in due time to introduce APP and be there for additional questions 😉

It will have to wait a couple of weeks for now, because I have some pressing priorities with regard to documentation and development and a rather big announcement ... 😉

Rowland, do you often join the live shows?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

That's great - I'm sure Adam would be happy to have you as a guest whenever you are ready - you might want to drop him a line and let him know you may be available in a few weeks.

Most often I listen to the show the next morning with my 5AM cup of coffee, but it would be fun to listen live if you were on.

Big announcement...?  Can't wait 😉 !

Rowland

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gcgarner)
Brown Dwarf

I am so happy with the IOTW selection. I was very surprised. 

I would love to see you do an APP presentation. I still have so much to learn with APP!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Congrats Chris, beautiful image!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gcgarner)
Brown Dwarf

Thank you!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula - 

The request for an APP presentation came up AGAIN on this weeks "The Astro Imaging Channel" podcast so I sent an email to Adam Jaffe, the host, and copied you on it.  Adam responded so you now have his contact info.  I told them you may not be available for a few weeks, but I'm sure they would rather have you present when the time is right than to have someone less knowledgeable come on and attempt to do APP justice!

Cheers,

Rowland

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Rowland @rowland-f-archer-jr & Chris @gcgarner,

We have scheduled that I will appear on the Astro Imaging Channel on the 28th of October 2018 😉

Thanks again Rowland,

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gcgarner)
Brown Dwarf

Great!

ReplyQuote
(@gcgarner)
Brown Dwarf

Great!

ReplyQuote
(@gcgarner)
Brown Dwarf

Great!

ReplyQuote
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

That's great news Mabula, I'm sure it will be a popular presentation.  Since they are archived on Youtube, it will have some lasting value to introduce new astro imagers to APP!

Cheers,

Rowland

ReplyQuote
Share: