12 panel mosaic not stitched  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 27, 2018 17:23  

I wish I could work out whats gone wrong here, but I ve tried a few different settings with the same result

app2

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 27, 2018 22:15  

it gets better 😫 

app3

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-haverkamp-administrator)
Quasar Admin
May 27, 2018 22:19  
Posted by: Tony

I wish I could work out whats gone wrong here, but I ve tried a few different settings with the same result

app2

Hi Tony @tonymacc,

Can you share your settings in 3) and 4) ? That might give me a clue on why it fails.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 27, 2018 22:26  

app5
app4

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
May 28, 2018 15:23  

Hi Tony @tonymacc,

Thanks, in 3) analyse stars, can you try the following and report back if registration is then better? (settings in 4) register look good 😉 )

- disable automatic minimum stars target

- set kappa somewhere fixed on 3-10

- set automatic maximum star count lower, to 2000-5000 stars (10000 stars is really very high and will increase registration time and less stable results)

So the idea is that the star count is too high actually. Keeping the kappa value fixed will propably give you more consistent results per panel as well.

Aim to get a maximum star count of about 2000-5000 stars. I think that should give a stable or better result then.

Let me know what happens with these recommendations 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 28, 2018 18:21  

@Mabula, almost, the top seems to be ok but now the others are not stitched, Kappa was at 3 and max stars was 3500. I will try another setting.

app6

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 28, 2018 19:03  

kappa 003 and 2000 max stars, an improvement

app7

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 28, 2018 20:30  

I tried kappa 003 and max stars 1700 with much the same as last post, I cannot get the kappa lower than 003, tried max stars at 1400 and it failed to register most of the panels.

app8

this is the result of kappa 003 and max stars @ 1700, any other settings I can try @Mabula?

app9

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 28, 2018 22:44  

@Mabula, Whilst looking around the forum I think I might know why mine is not working. I found this from another post

app10

I assumed mbb was only to be used when stitching, so looking at the post in the picture it looks like I should have used mbb in the individual stacks?

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
May 29, 2018 22:51  

So I redone the stacks individually, 3)kappa 003 and max stars at 2000, disabled min stars. 4)quadrilaterals start 1 stop 5, use dynamic distortion correction, untick same camera and optics, registration mode normal and model set to projective. 5) advanced set in mode. 6) from the top...equal, average, full  mode, Lnc 1st 3 iterations, mbb 10%, sigma clip kappa 3 with 1 iteration, lancos-3, no under-overshoot.  

Then for the mosaic 3) kappa 003 max stars 2000, 4)quads start 1 stop 10, use dynamic distortion correction, untick same camera and optics, registration mode to mosaic and model is projective. 5) advanced mode. 6) equal, average, full, lnc 2nd, 3rd and 4th used to same result, mbb from 10% to 15%, sigma clip kappa 3 with 1 iteration, lancos-3, no under-overshoot.

app12

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
June 4, 2018 11:24  

Any ideas @Mabula ?

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
June 4, 2018 22:26  

I tried kappa 003 and max stars 1700 with much the same as last post, I cannot get the kappa lower than 003, tried max stars at 1400 and it failed to register most of the panels.

app8

this is the result of kappa 003 and max stars @ 1700, any other settings I can try @Mabula?

app9

Hi @tonymacc,

I think that looks very good 😉 I can't see all details on the screenshot, but from what I can see, registration looks good, doesn't it?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
June 4, 2018 22:34  

@Mabula, Whilst looking around the forum I think I might know why mine is not working. I found this from another post

app10

I assumed mbb was only to be used when stitching, so looking at the post in the picture it looks like I should have used mbb in the individual stacks?

Hi @tonymacc,

Yes, indeed, I would recommend to use MBB in almost all cases 😉 It simply reduces stack artefacts at the borders of your integrations as well, besides helping to blend the mosaic panels. The individual panels created with MBB will have the benefit, that you will usually won't need to crop the panels before the mosaic integration. If the mosaic panels have stack artefacts, that could upset the LNC function as well if you create a mosaic.

So use MBB and a low level LNC to greatly reduce stack artefacts at the borders of your mosaic panels and then create the mosaic with LNC and MBB 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
June 4, 2018 22:40  

So I redone the stacks individually, 3)kappa 003 and max stars at 2000, disabled min stars. 4)quadrilaterals start 1 stop 5, use dynamic distortion correction, untick same camera and optics, registration mode normal and model set to projective. 5) advanced set in mode. 6) from the top...equal, average, full  mode, Lnc 1st 3 iterations, mbb 10%, sigma clip kappa 3 with 1 iteration, lancos-3, no under-overshoot.  

Then for the mosaic 3) kappa 003 max stars 2000, 4)quads start 1 stop 10, use dynamic distortion correction, untick same camera and optics, registration mode to mosaic and model is projective. 5) advanced mode. 6) equal, average, full, lnc 2nd, 3rd and 4th used to same result, mbb from 10% to 15%, sigma clip kappa 3 with 1 iteration, lancos-3, no under-overshoot.

app12

Hi Tony @tonymacc,

The registration of the mosaic is fine now, isn't it?

What is the problem now you think? (the post is about the mosaic not stitching)

The illumination differences that we see can probably be fixed with the Remove Light Pollution (LP) tool, have you tried?

You can try to correct the individual panels for gradients/LP first before creating the mosaic.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
June 4, 2018 22:43  

Thankyou @Mabula. 😉 still a learning curve for me.

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
June 4, 2018 22:55  

Thankyou @Mabula. 😉 still a learning curve for me.

Hi @tonymacc, excellent, the mosaic does look great already 😉 Is this your first of this size?

I really like this Region in H-alpha, so much interesting structures in the nebulosity !

Since there is so much nebulosity in your data, the current LNC implementation can sometimes give waves in the sky background, as you can clearly see in your latest result.

In my experience, the best way to deal with this with a lot of control, is to correct the individual panels first with the Remove Light Pollution tool before creating the mosaic. In that fasion, I created this 9 panel in H-alpha and RGB (so 2x9=18 panels) mosaics using data of Yves van den Broek:

This dataset actually was "the source dataset" for me to invent the LNC algorithms in APP. I will upgrade the LNC algorithms pretty soon though, because I know it isn't working perfectly all the times 😉

Mabula

Tony liked
ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
June 5, 2018 11:34  

Sort of yes, started this 2015 😆 I have all the oiii and am almost finished collecting the sii. I have already done this mosaic in ha in pi so I know it goes together nicely but it just takes so so long.

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
June 9, 2018 21:14  

@tonymacc,

Great work, sticking to a project to be able to finish it at some point 😉

Do you mean the mosaic registration takes long, or perhaps the LNC calculation?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Red Giant Customer
June 12, 2018 13:39  
Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp - Admin

@tonymacc,

Great work, sticking to a project to be able to finish it at some point 😉

Do you mean the mosaic registration takes long, or perhaps the LNC calculation?

Mabula

@Mabula, I meant in pi it takes a long time, app is much quicker.😊

ReplyQuote
Quasar Admin
June 15, 2018 21:27  

whoeps, okay then 😉 @tonymacc

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: