Selecting and Openi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Selecting and Opening Subfolders

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@applal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Overall I love the power of this program, currently using the 1.83 Beta.

The one (and only slightly) annoying glitch I experience every time (and was true with 1.82 Stable) is that when the application asks me to choose a folder for it's work space, or when I have to Load lights, or calibration frames, the click/double click to navigate to and open a subfolder is not reliable. I have to click, wait, double click.... and if I get it just right, it will open the subfolder. I sometimes have to do this 4 or 5 times to open the folder, which should just need a simple double click. 

This on an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), Big Sur OS. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@applal This is a known issue with folder selection widgets in Java, which is the programming language that APP was developed in. I'll pass on the info to Mabula but I doubt there is much he can do about it.

Alan Larson reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Alan @applal & @wvreeven,

It has to do with Java partly. It also has to do with the double click time period. So that is the period in which you need to double click to make the double click register. I will check if I can adjust that on the application level or  to make it adjustable for the user 😉 I have put it on my ToDo list to do this quickly.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@applal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thank you!

i have tried every possible speed in my double-click. I am very Mac-savvy and have patiently looked at variables on my end. My best results com le from  a click-pause-double-click which typically works about 60% of the time.This function should be fairly to correct as a double click is just a select/open command. 
good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Alan @applal,

I have tested this extensively in the past couple of days on different Apple computers.

The mouse double click speed in Astro Pixel Processor's file chooser dialog to go into a Folder does depend on the MacOS mouse click speed and if you just lower it, it works 10 out of 10. I have tested it on a 2016 MacBook still running Sierra and I tested it on a iMac Pro 2019 with Big Sur running. Also on a new M1 mini with Big Sur it works as expected.

On old MacOS versions, the mouse click speed is found in System Preferences, Mouse

On the latest MacOS versions, the mouse click speed is found in System Preferences, Accessibility, Pointer Control.

If I set the speed half way on the slider that MacOS offers to control this, it works perfectly well on my Mac computers. I do notice that if is set the slider for the mouse click speed almost too high for me to be able to double-click, that it helps to double-click on the folder icon instead of the folder name.

Let me know if this helps.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@applal)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

This did make all the difference! 

Thank you for the suggestion! I had not thought about double click to open speeds in years, as it never presented a problem, and I did not have to lower it all that much, so function is still as I would want it to be, and APP now is much better behaved!

ReplyQuote
Share: