Neither release ver...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Neither release version nor 2.0.0 Beta 6 starts on Intel Mac with Ventura 13.0.1

30 Posts
8 Users
10 Likes
(@hyiger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

On startup the application is running however none of the windows are rendered. 

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

I have the same problem; when I tried to go back to the latest stable version, it now has that issue.  I don't have any GUI interface showing up. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hyiger How did you install APP? I have it installed in the /Applications directory on my Intel MacBook with macOS Ventura 13.0.1 and for me APP starts. Note that the stable version doesn't support macOS Ventura. Only 2.0.0-beta6 will run on it.

@wglogowski Same questions and remarks for you.

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@wvreeven, I have it installed in my application folder. I cannot run beta 6, and I used to be able to run 1.083.2 for MacOS, but now, when I try to reinstall that, I can no longer run that.  I think there must be some "left-over" files from when I tried beta 6 that are preventing me from re-installing the last stable version.  I did attach the error report I get when I try to run beta 6... but I can't read it. Hopefully, one of the developers can make sense of it. But, I'm down without any copy of APP not. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Walter

ReplyQuote
(@hyiger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven installed 1.083.2 then removed and installed beta 6 both were in the /Applications. Can you provide instructions on how to clean out completely? For now I need to boot in Windows to run it which is inconvenient. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@wglogowski Thanks for the report. I've asked Mabula to have a look.

Walter reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@hyiger To  my best of knowledge, on MacOS APP doesn't store any files outside of its directory in /Applications. So simply deleting that directory and then reinstalling should be sufficient.

Walter reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tailspin45)
Red Giant

FWIW, Beta 6 runs fine on my 2020 27" with MaxOS 13.0.1.

I have 1.8.3, beta 2, beta 3, and beta 6 in my Application folder.

I wonder what's different? 

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@tailspin45 I don't have any idea. The frustrating part is there is no direct email support so I'm waiting for someone to suggest a solution besides, deleted the application and trying to install beta 4... been there and done that. 

I just tried beta-6 that does not work either 🙁

This post was modified 1 year ago by Walter

ReplyQuote
(@tailspin45)
Red Giant

@wglogowski Earlier today I was processing M33 data and got weird red noise using B6. So I quit B6 and opened 1.8.3 but got the "no window" problem described here. However, as I indicated, Beta 6 works fine for me otherwise.

I'm no expert, but what I would do is delete* any APP application folders and even delete* the .dmg files. Then, just to be totally OCD about it, go into your Library>Application Support>CrashReporter folder and see if there's anything there and delete the file if there is one there.

Then shut down and restart your computer, download Beta 6 (make sure it's the Mac version not Linux), install it, and see if you're back in business

Good luck!

*Delete meaning put it in the trash and then empty the trash

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tailspin45 Thanks for all the suggestions. Mabula suggested to also reset all Provacy & Security related settings, like disk access permissions for APP.

@wglogowski The problem is that we cannot reproduce this so we haven't got a clear idea of what may be going on.

However, as I stated before, removing the APP folder from /Applications should be enough to completely remove APP from your hard disk. Just open the Finder, go to /Applications and drag the complete astropixelprocessor.app folder (in case of APP 2.0.0-beta6) to the trash can. According to AppCleaner there also are com.ariesproductions.astropixelprocessor.AstroPixelProcessor____wakeups_resource.diag files that you may want to delete from the /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder.

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@wvreeven I deleted the application by dragging it to the trash, deleted the wakeups_resource.diag file, and deleted all the reports in the  /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports folder. I deleted all the reports in the Library>Application Support>CrashReport folder. I emptied the trash and installed beta-6 again. I still have the same problem. I guess that's it for me using APP.   On to Pixinsight.  By the way, there really should be a direct way to contact support and not have to rely only upon the forum. 

ReplyQuote
(@tailspin45)
Red Giant

@wglogowski You did restart after deleting everything, right?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@wglogowski You restarted your MacBook, as Tom asked and suggested earlier as well, right?

Once again apologies for the late response. I did explain that we're all very busy at the moment.

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@tailspin45 Yes, I tried that, and it does not work... no GUI interfaces.

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@wvreeven Yes, I restarted it, and it does not work even after a restart

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all @hyiger, @wglogowski, @wvreeven, @tailspin45,

I have investigated this issue this morning.

Installing 1.083.2 will simply not work on Ventura because it is not notarized by Apple which clearly now is a 100% requirement for any software to run on macOS. We tried to notarize it, but Apple simply refused on the basis that our development platform was no longer safe...

Hence we developed APP 2.0.0 using a new development platform which is safe according to Apple and our 2.0.0 beta installers are fully code signed and notarized by Apple. So APP 2.0.0-beta6 should simply run on any mac with macOS Ventura provided the macOS security and privacy settings are set correctly.

I have updated my mac mini M1 to Ventura 13.0.1 this morning and i tried many things but in all cases 2.0.0-beta6 simply did work without any issues.

Make sure that in the security and privacy settings -> Security -> is set to Allow apps from the App Store and Identified Developers then all should work. If it does not, I would think that there is still a bug here in Ventura 13.0.1 somehow... which might be solved by a next Ventura update.

I also tried to both install 1.083.2 and 2.0.0-beta6 and in that case the beta6 also still worked without any issues and 1.083.2 was still blocked because it is not notarized.

Walter, can you provide more info perhaps? Which mac computer do you use? Is security set to allow apps from both App Store and Identified Developers?

Mabula

This post was modified 1 year ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@hyiger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I'm on an Intel Macbook Pro and cannot get it to work.

Intel Macbook Pro 16" 2019, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Deleting the app reinstalling (Beta 6) doesn't work.

It does work on my wife's Mac Mini M1. This may be specific to Intel and AMD Radeon Pro?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @hyiger

I'm on an Intel Macbook Pro and cannot get it to work.

Intel Macbook Pro 16" 2019, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Deleting the app reinstalling (Beta 6) doesn't work.

It does work on my wife's Mac Mini M1. This may be specific to Intel and AMD Radeon Pro?

To be sure, there are 2 versions of the installer. One for M1 and one for Intel, are you sure you're using the correct installer?

ReplyQuote
(@hyiger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Yes... I'm an IT professional. I do know the difference. 

Walter reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@vincent-mod, yes I installed the correct version... I have a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro

ReplyQuote
(@richarddavid)
Hydrogen Atom

Mini Mac M1 processor, Ventura OS. App will install but will not open. In applications states that the program is applications as a name and is alias as a kind. ANY ADVICE?

ReplyQuote
(@hyiger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Attached is a stack trace if that helps

Basically APP is unusable on a Mac (at least mine). 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Richard Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@philippe-bernhard)
Red Giant

Hi There

I am on a macbookPro Intel i9 and with Ventura OS. APP 2.0 beta6 is working fine on it. 

But it was already installed before I upgrade to Ventura OS.

Cheers

Philippe

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @ccd2048

Hi There

I am on a macbookPro Intel i9 and with Ventura OS. APP 2.0 beta6 is working fine on it. 

But it was already installed before I upgrade to Ventura OS.

Cheers

Philippe

This is indeed why it's very hard for us to find out why it works on many Macs and not on some when Ventura is installed, on our machines this is also not an issue. We suspect some kind of bug, maybe, in MacOS as we've seen more reports of software that has trouble with it. Of course we're on top of it to try and find out.

Walter reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi all,

We think that we might have a fixed Astro Pixel Processor version for macOS Ventura. Can you all try the following 2.0.0-beta7test version and let us know if this solves it and works properly?

intel hardware:

https://astropixelprocessor.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor_2.0.0-beta7test-x86_64-macOS.zip

new M1/M2/arm hardware:

https://astropixelprocessor.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/astropixelprocessor_2.0.0-beta7test-aarch64-macOS.zip

Release notes for this version:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/release-information/astro-pixel-processor-2-0-0-beta7-release-notes-preparing-next-release/

Looking forward to your feedback!

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@wglogowski)
Red Giant

@mabula-admin Hello, I used your new M1/M2 arm version and it opened perfectly. I did not fully process any files, but I could open and adjust images.  Thank you for the update!

Walter 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thank you very much Walter @wglogowski for your fast feedback 🙂 ! I am very happy to hear that it opened perfectly.

It is my pleasure,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@hyiger)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Can confirm that APP beta 7 now opens and functions on Intel MacOS Ventura 

Thanks!

Richard

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Richard @hyiger,

Thank you very much for your feedback, that is highly appreciated !

It's our pleasure 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: