APP Java error duri...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP Java error during Registration while attempting 2x2 Mosaic

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jberganzooutlook-com)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

While attempting a really basic 2x2 mosaic and during the Registration process I'm getting a Java related error. I originally tried this mosaic by loading all my 40 subs (10 x 4 panels), OSC camera... really simple. I always got stuck in Registration about 80%. Sometimes I got an error with some recommendation that did really help. Then I processed all 4 panes individually having 4 integrated .fits files. I attempted to do the mosaic with just this 4 .fits and I got the java error. It seems that no matter what I cannot do a simple mosaic. Please see the screen shot with the java error attached. I'm running 2023-04-17: APP 2.0.0-beta17 in a Silicon M2 MAC.

Screenshot 2023 04 18 at 11.14.32 AM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The best way to process a mosaic, is to first create the mosaic panels (so you end up with 2 panels in the end). Then load these panels in again as lights and set APP up to perform the mosaic.

- Amount of stars to 1500
- Scale start to 5, scale stop to 10
- Dynamic distortion correction on (off if that creates weird artifacts)
- Same camera/optics off
- Registration mode to mosaic
- Normalization to advanced

Are you doing it this way already? If not, please try this.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@jberganzooutlook-com, thank you for confirming it did work after several tries. Can you share which setting adjustment made it work?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: