Install on Arch Lin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Install on Arch Linux

8 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@thibautflt)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am using Arch Linux distribution, and it does not use deb or rpm package. There are some tricks to install deb/rpm package on Arch, but those are not recommended. Nevertheless, I have tried (using dpkg) but APP crashes on launch.

Is there an other way to install it ?

Thank you ! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Good question, not sure about that and we asked Mabula to have a look. He's very busy on trying to release the next version atm, so if you don't get an answer within a week or 2, please remind us. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@thibautflt)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thank you Vincent! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@thibautflt)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod hi, any news about an install on arch ? thanks ! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@thibautflt We asked Mabula and there currently is no way to install APP other than via the deb or rpm package. Also, there are no plans to enable this at this moment, sorry.

ReplyQuote
(@tseckler)
Hydrogen Atom

@thibautflt

I use Arch Linux. I install APP by downloading the .rpm package and extracting it. You will then have a folder labeled opt. Open the opt folder there is only a folder labeled AstroPixelProcessor. Copy this folder to /opt on your computer. That is all there is to it. You can then run the program using the command /opt/AstroPixelProcessor/AstroPixelProcessor.

ReplyQuote
(@msa)
Brown Dwarf

Posted by: @tseckler

[...] You can then run the program using the command /opt/AstroPixelProcessor/AstroPixelProcessor.

You can also copy /opt/AstroPixelProcessor/AstroPixelProcessor.desktop to e.g. ~/.local/share/applications/ so APP will show up in your menu.

ReplyQuote
(@the1batman)
Hydrogen Atom

@tseckler and @msa You both are my heroes. Thanks for this INCREDIBLY helpful set of advice. you both rock!

ReplyQuote
Share: