Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Pixel dimension after calibration

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@minusman)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Hello Vincent, is there a particular reason why the pixel dimension changes after the calibration of the lights?

Screenshot (91)
Screenshot (92)
Screenshot (94)
Screenshot (95)

Screenshot (93)

After integrating the calibrated light frames in Reference mode, the pixel dimension changes again.

Screenshot (96)

Is it possible to change this so that the pixel dimension remains the same from calibration to final integration into the reference for the cropping mode?

This topic was modified 4 years ago by minusman

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think this has mainly to do with all the calibration, distortion correction, alignment going on. That may very well be the reason it changes a little sometimes. I'll have to ask Mabula for more details.

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi,

I believe you are looking at a Fits file after Integration in which case I think you should probably look at the Composition option you chose on Tab 6.

I believe you probably chose the Full option in which case because of eg Dithering, the individual subs never exactly overlay each other after Registration.  With Composition mode Full APP automatically expands the output 'canvas' to include pixels from the fringes of all subs selected for integration.

If you want an output file that has the exact same size as the original frame size then I suggest you chose Composition option Reference.  APP will crop the fringe pixels of all frames that lie outside the area of the Reference frame.

Hope this helps

Mike

This post was modified 4 years ago by mestutters

ReplyQuote
Share: