Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

DSLR data calibration without darks  

RSS

(@hanva)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
February 22, 2018 18:43  

Hi.

Iam a newbie with APP. How can I calibrate a dslr data without darks? I have been watching tutorials, but I dont understand the workflow.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
March 10, 2018 17:37  

Hi @hanva,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the APP forum. My apologies for the delay in my response.

If you want to calibrate DSLR data without darks, you will need to use at least a masterbias if you are using flats as well. Are you?

(The hotpixels can be taken care of most efficiently by making a one-time BPM from a simple set of darks.)

Kind regards,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Neutron Star Customer
March 10, 2018 23:38  

I had a couple of occasions where I had to throw out my bias in order to integrate my hydrogen Alpha Subs. When I included it I got blank frame when I pulled it out of the mix I got it really nice image in hydrogen Alpha

GW

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
April 5, 2018 21:53  

Hi Greg, Probably a case of subtracting the bias pedestal twice then 😉

Next APP version 1.060 will not have that problem anymore...

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Neutron Star Customer
April 5, 2018 21:56  

Great. And yes, I'm sure that's what happened.

GW

ReplyQuote
Share: