Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

APP on external drive?  

RSS

(@jehoener)
White Dwarf Customer
July 3, 2020 15:21  

Can I install APP on an external solid state drive to gain processing speed?  Or would the USB connection to the computer be a bottleneck?  Does APP have to be installed on the same drive as the computer OS?  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
July 4, 2020 01:22  

I don’t know about installing APP on an external SSD but I have used a directory on an external SSD as working directory on a Mac and that is really fast.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
July 6, 2020 10:20  

I wouldn’t use APP itself on an external drive, but using that as a working directory is fine. Do be careful to use fast and stable connections to it.

ReplyQuote
Share: