Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Weird lines in my integrated channels

(@tsk1979)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

Hi

I shot with Ha-OIII filter on a DSLR and got these weird lines. These are in both my HA and OIII channels. I am shooting with A7RII and a 600mm lens. I can load all my data (About 112 50s frames and equal number of darks) if needed

Capture

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Red Giant Customer

It happens to me too, but with smaller and shorter lines and "spaghetti" stripes, but i think the reason is the same...

I'm waiting an answer too....

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/hot-pixel-final-integration-with-black-stripes/

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
Topic starter  

I even tried with force Bayer CFA and still have the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Did you use the Ha-OIII algorithm?

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Yes, on the first screen I Did HaOIII extract Ha and then HaOIII extract OIII. I used the same steps you outlined in my earlier question few months back.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Mm, it looks like what is called walking noise (though it looks quite strong here so not 100% sure), which is fixed by using dithering. Do you dither?

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

EDIT : No dithering at all. I have never used dithering, but never got this kind of noise. Any way to fix in Post process. If you give link, I can post my RAW data to your server

This post was modified 2 years ago by Tanveer Singh

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod will longer exposures and higher ISO help here if I cannot use dithering 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Maybe longer exposures, but I'm not sure. If it indeed is walking noise, dithering would be the only solution I know of (I always dither so never looked more closely into it). APP, or any other program for that matter, will have problems with this.

ReplyQuote
Share: