Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Weird lines in my integrated channels  

RSS

(@tsk1979)
Main Sequence Star Customer
March 13, 2020 11:18  

Hi

I shot with Ha-OIII filter on a DSLR and got these weird lines. These are in both my HA and OIII channels. I am shooting with A7RII and a 600mm lens. I can load all my data (About 112 50s frames and equal number of darks) if needed

Capture

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Red Giant Customer
March 13, 2020 11:40  

It happens to me too, but with smaller and shorter lines and "spaghetti" stripes, but i think the reason is the same...

I'm waiting an answer too....

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/hot-pixel-final-integration-with-black-stripes/

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
March 13, 2020 19:01  

I even tried with force Bayer CFA and still have the issue.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 14, 2020 15:47  

Did you use the Ha-OIII algorithm?

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
March 15, 2020 11:49  

@vincent-mod

Yes, on the first screen I Did HaOIII extract Ha and then HaOIII extract OIII. I used the same steps you outlined in my earlier question few months back.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 15, 2020 12:02  

Mm, it looks like what is called walking noise (though it looks quite strong here so not 100% sure), which is fixed by using dithering. Do you dither?

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
March 16, 2020 09:26  

@vincent-mod

EDIT : No dithering at all. I have never used dithering, but never got this kind of noise. Any way to fix in Post process. If you give link, I can post my RAW data to your server

This post was modified 2 years ago by Tanveer Singh

ReplyQuote
(@tsk1979)
March 17, 2020 09:53  

@vincent-mod will longer exposures and higher ISO help here if I cannot use dithering 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 21, 2020 18:37  

Maybe longer exposures, but I'm not sure. If it indeed is walking noise, dithering would be the only solution I know of (I always dither so never looked more closely into it). APP, or any other program for that matter, will have problems with this.

ReplyQuote
Share: