Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Combine data from multi session and multi filter

18 Posts
3 Users
8 Likes
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  
  • Hello fellas...

I have data from Osc from 3 different sessions and two different filters ...

specifically I have one session from L enhance filter and two from L pro.

Have someone the workflow for this kind of processing?

I think that one way to process this is to separate the data ... to extract ha and oiii from L enhance and rgb from L pro and after to combine it in rgb tool. 

Have way to process it like multi session and multi filter processing?

Thanks in advance 

clear skies.

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

@hyperion

Much much interested too...i'm in the same situation...

Waiting for an answer from mabula and vincent

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@ippiu

I waiting too mate to see how is the correct processing... probably one way is the way that I described in first post but maybe have better way ... we will see ...

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-7610

I've tried this method and it could work...But i can't figure myself how l-pro stcked image could serve as a RGB channels... 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I have no experience with the L-pro, but searching shows me it's a light-pollution filter with broadband spectrum. That should just process like a regular RGB image. So when you have the RGB integration from the L-pro, you can seperate the R, G and B channels and use them together with the Ha and OIII channels and mix them in the combine tool in tab 9.

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

Yes, @vincent-mod, you are right.

I tried exactly what you suggest, that is the same as @ahbok suggested here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-7610

and i eventually did it..It works.

But i did a comparison:

l-pro + l-enhance (@ahbok method): https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-7610 )

just l-enhance

Immagine

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Yes Vincent it’s light pollution filter and we use it for light frames ... so the right process  is like this post ?> https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-7610

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@ippiu
Is possible the data from L enhance to give better results from combine data  from L enhance and L pro together ?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @ippiu

But i did a comparison:

I think the top picture could still use a bit of light pollution correction, what happens if you try that on that image? The L-enhance on its own will probably have a cleaner background because the spectrum is cut off differently in both these filters?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @hyperion

Yes Vincent it’s light pollution filter and we use it for light frames ... so the right process  is like this post ?

Yes, that works for any RGB and narrow-band combination. It's basically pretty straight-forward if you think about what kind of data you want to combine. RGB is 3-channel data, narrow-band data is 1-channel data. To combine those you want to make the RGB data 1-channel as well and you do that by separating the R, G and B channels before combination.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

What outlier rejection filter we must use for this kind of data Vincent ?

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

@ippiu
Is possible the data from L enhance to give better results from combine data  from L enhance and L pro together ?

Yes there is written clearly. The first image is obtained from l-pro + l-enhance combined with this method https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/tutorials-workflows/combining-r-g-b-with-ha-oiii-data-using-an-optolong-l-enhance-filter/#post-7610

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What outlier rejection filter we must use for this kind of data Vincent ?

That'll depend on the data. This is the nice thing about the new automatic algorithms, APP will then choose the right rejections based on mainly the number of frames. Median is usually used with less then 20 frames, average with >20 frames for instance.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

I mean at 6) integrate tab the outlier rejection filter like adaptive rejection like winsorized 

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

It's all automatic...@hyperion

If you hover with the mouse on each menu, tool tips explains everything...

Immagine1

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@ippiu

I mean after local normalization rejection check box have filter tab with 

no rejection 

sigma

winsorized

mad 

adaptive

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Also there, tooltips explain each algorithm. But, the automatic algorithm will select the right one there as well. If you really want to change the automatic selection, you have to select all settings manually (obviously) by selecting e.g. average for the ligths and e.g. adaptive rejection if you have >20 frames. The adaptive one is very nice as it combines several other methods.

ReplyQuote
(@hyperion)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Yeah Vincent I use always adaptive filter because I have every time more than 20 frames... I think work better for all around... Thank you for the explanation...

ReplyQuote
Share: