Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Star color calibration question

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@apatil)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

If I understand correctly you first combine RGB, followed by light pollution and calibrate background. Follow this by star color calibration as per the tutorial videos. Of course you can change the sequence. So when you combine RGB and add luminance channel you take your time adjusting different sliders for the channels so that the image if pleasing to you mainly the image of the object. But when you do the Star color calibration the colors of main image object changes. Of course you can get some of the colors back by changing the sliders for magenta green or blue red or changing the slopes in star color calibration.

My question is if there is way to put a mask on the main image object and only change the star colors in star color calibration. For example, I was working on Dumbell nebula so I took my time combining LRGB by adjusting the sliders so the image is pleasing to me (more red and blue) but when I do star color calibration the colors of the nebula changes. It becomes green and some red but the blue disappears. Is there a way around this.I hope I am making sense.

Avi

Dale Penkala reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@apatil You certainly make sense. There is no possibility of applying a mask in APP at the moment. 

Dale Penkala reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dalepenkala)
Red Giant

@apatil

I have noticed this same thing. I do the calibration and play with it a little and if I don’t like the outcome then I just work without using the star calibration tab.

ReplyQuote
Share: