Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How do I Fix thin black likes in the image

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@dsalman1)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have these black lines that do not remove in calibration.  I am still new to this software.  Another program can remove them but I am wanting to use Astro Pixels.  Is there anything in AP can remove these.  If there were not so many I could just use Photoshop. 

lines

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@dsalman1 Hi Dean, let me start with writing this: our product is called AstroPixelProcessor, not Astro Pixels. We generally abbreviate it to APP, not AP.

Having said that, from the looks of the screenshot, it seems that you are not using any flats. Does it help if you use those? Apart from that, what version of APP are you using? Is the data stored on the internal HD of your computer or on an external one? If external, does it help if you put them on the internal HD? APP is quite I/O heavy and doesn't handle data stored on an external HD well, unless it is an SDD.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Adding to that; are you using calibration files like darks and bias? Could be a pattern that shows up there.

ReplyQuote
(@dsalman1)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. This was just a raw image to show the lines.   I use BIAS darks and flats and this pattern is in all the files.  I do not use dark flats because the flats are very short however I wonder if I need to do that because the lines are in the flats, just realized that now.   These lines so vary slightly so that could be why just standard calibration may not be working.  I am new to APP and have used a number of programs since i switched from film to CCD 20 years ago.  One reason I wanted to try APP is the interface is much nicer and it seems to work very with with one shot color cameras.   I need to work with the rejecting and advance features with APP more which I am doing during this 30 trial.  I recommended this program to my friend with the same camera FLI 9000 and his 24 inch.  The response the forum is great and I am capturing more image data from the telescopes where I work, but I am close into deciding to purchase APP.     

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks Dean,

So are you sure all calibration files are indeed applied to the lights? You can see this in the list where all lights should get a "MD, MB, MF" for MasterDark, MasterBias and MasterFlat, added to their filename. You can also check if calibration will work ok, by loading in the lights and calibration files and then selecting "l-calibrated" on top of the image viewer. This will correct the currently selected light and show it corrected, you can then check if that works ok before going through the lengthy process of APP.

ReplyQuote
(@dsalman1)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks Vincent, still pretty new to APP so i will review more closely

ReplyQuote
Share: