Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-01-07:  APP 1.083 has been released !!!

1.083 Windows 64bits download

1.083 MacOS 64bits download

1.083 Linux DEB-64bits download

1.083 Linux RPM 64bits download

• new Star Reducer Tool
  • 15-30% speed increase in processing
  • introducing Comet registration
  • support for new camera models like Canon EOS R5,R6
  • Greatly improved HSL Selective Color Tool
  • New Batch Tools
  • New File Saver Module with PNG support

Trouble processing mosaic  

RSS

(@seanhagerty)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 24, 2021 01:02  

I need a little help figuring this out.  I am shooting a 9 panel mosaic using Ha, Oiii and Sii.  I am shooting about 10 frames for each of the filters, so 3 times 10=30 frames per panel so, I should have about 270 total frames to put together.  This doesn't seem like a huge amount, but it is kicking my butt.

What I have done so far is process the frames for each filter per panel.  For panel 1 I have a single processed Ha, a single processed Oiii, and a single processed Sii.  I have these processed frames for each of the panel.  

My laptop has 32gb of ram.  I am shooting with an ASI 6200mm, so the file sizes are large.  I have ran into troubles with everything from not enough disk space to needing more ram to process this.  Whenever I have been able to get a processed mosaic, the backgrounds between the frames are very different and apparent.  

Help!  How do I process this and put it together with out buying a huge computer??

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Sean Hagerty

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
November 24, 2021 10:29  

If the subs are really big, it may be that that will create a limit on resources, unfortunately not something that is easily fixed. Having a big internal SSD will help, otherwise you likely do need to downsize the mosaic (it usually asks that as well I believe, otherwise there is an option for that). Having the Ha, OIII and SII integrated is very good, I would then first create a panel from those together. Do you do that? Only when I have the final panels, I would then use those to create the mosaic and for that you need LNC and MBB as well.

ReplyQuote
(@seanhagerty)
Molecular Cloud Customer
November 24, 2021 15:07  

@vincent-mod

Thank you so much for the assistance.  I will try the downsizing to see if I can get it that way.  I MAY need to buy a new computer.  I really like the idea of building these mosaics and hate having to deal with issues.

Sean

ReplyQuote
Share: