Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

HELP Masterflat does not calibrate my light frame

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@gru89)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hey all,

my lights from my session yesterday don´t  get calibrate with my masterflat frame. I have three dust spots on the flat and the light as well, but it does not work.

I´ve make a calibration with master dark and master flat and a calibration with only a masterflat. The image statistics looks nearly the same.

Left table with Masterflat/Dark - right table with only Masterdark

I´ve marked the dust spot in the picture for you on my light frame

My masterflat is showing the dust spots

Any idea? I´ve done it the same way as alway. Flats and Darkflats for creating a Masterflat, assigning to the lights. But this time it does not work. I also reinstalled the software.

Thanks all

CS

Christian

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Did you use APP to process all data from raw? It usually doesn't work if you create calibration frames in another application and then try to use that.

ReplyQuote
(@gru89)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I took all my frames with N.I.N.A. and the flats/darkflats/bias with SharpCap. The complete progress was done in APP.

The camera is a QHY183M with filterwheel.

I uploaded 5 frames of each to my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j5p2xammoozuyr0/AAB8ZoNLCbUOgwtEkxunwpGga?dl=0

I also tried a master flat frame calibrated with dark flat and another with bias frame.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Christian Grotjahn

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @gru89

I took all my frames with N.I.N.A. and the flats/darkflats/bias with SharpCap.

As Vincent pointed out, taking lights with one and calibration frames with another application usually doesn't work. Please try taking the calibration frames with NINA as well and see if that solves your issue.

ReplyQuote
(@gru89)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

On all my other projects this was never a problem. I shot with my other scope on the same night. Same procedure. Lights with NINA and Flats with SharpCap. Calibration worked perfectly. 

But I will give it a try after work! Thank you so far.

ReplyQuote
(@gru89)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thank you. That worked for me. But curious that it always worked before 😀 

Happy weekend!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gru89 Glad to read that it worked.

ReplyQuote
Share: