Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

Stacking the data of multiple nights

(@yellowhorsehead)
Molecular Cloud Customer
Topic starter  

hey 😉

i am working on a widefield Polaris shot right now. I want to image the region the whole week. 

i am using a lens with an aperture of f1.4 and I am background limited after around 1 minute of exposure. this leads to an huge amount of lights to stack, probably at least around 800 light frames. 

i don't have enough memory to stack that amount of lights at once. what is the best way to manage that amount of pictures? stack every single night and than stack the nights at the end? 

thx

Andi

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@yellowhorsehead Hi Andi. Do you reuse the calibration data (most notably the flats) for all nights? If yes, you can split up all data in batches of, say, 100 and then in the end load all integration results as lights (don't load any calibration data) and integrate those. 

If you have flats for each night you can process per night. If there are too many subs in a single night then you can split that up as described above. In the end you can again load all integration results as lights (again without calibration data) and stack those. 

ReplyQuote
(@hookandy)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

@wvreeven Just adding to this thread, so I process my nightly subs with their calibration frames and get the output fit file.

So I then load these all as lights and just integrate them. Do I need to change any setting from the default? (I'm shooting M51 with about 40 subs per night with exposures of 15s,50s 90s etc (Newbie and just sorting mount, tracking and guiding, so getting better.......) 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@hookandy There shouldn't be a need to change the defaults, unless you get a mono integration result where you expect a color one. In that case you need to tweak the settings in tab 0.

ReplyQuote
Share: