Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

[Sticky] APP Quick Start Guide - Charles Bracken  

RSS

Tim
(@tim)
Main Sequence Star Customer
September 20, 2020 14:00  

This may have already been posted and I missed, it but I'll post this in case. Charles Bracken - the author of astronomy books including Deep Sky Imaging Primer - is "big fan of APP" and has posted a Quick Start Guide to APP. You can get it here: https://digitalstars.wordpress.com/2020/09/19/an-astropixelprocessor-quick-start-guide/  

edit from Vincent; this is a 3rd party workflow, but from an experienced source. 😉

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Black Hole Admin
September 20, 2020 15:28  

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
(@pcyvr)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
September 21, 2020 02:49  

This is a great quick-start guide and should be prominently posted for anyone just starting with APP!  Wish I'd had this when I was first started working with APP.

This post was modified 2 months ago by pcyvr

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 21, 2020 16:08  

Cool! I'll make it a sticky in the workflow section of the forum.

ReplyQuote
(@cliff99)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
October 9, 2020 03:03  

Just purchased it after trialing it for some time , getting ok results but think its more my light pollution and gradients thats making it difficult ?

The quick start guide certainly helped along with a couple of videos i watched.

Picked this over Pixinsight for relative simplicity for a relative newby like me.

Cliff

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
October 10, 2020 11:52  

Good to hear, thanks for your purchase @cliff99, very much appreciated! You can always open a topic if there is something you'd like help with.

ReplyQuote
Share: