Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How to use APP , starting with HLA Fit files

(@jswift)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
Topic starter  

All the tutorials that I have found so far seem to start with data that you have captured with your own telescope. 

But I would like to use APP starting with FIT files from HLA or MAST, because I do not have the tools to capture my own images. 

Are there any tutorials/documentation about this particular process. 

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@jswift To my best of knowledge there are no such tutorials or docs. But the process should be exactly the same. If the HLA images already have been calibrated then you can load them into APP without calibration files. Otherwise you should load the calibration data (either the raw images or the masters but raw would be better) into APP. Then you can process the images like images from any other source (e.g. your own telescope).

ReplyQuote
(@jswift)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
Topic starter  

Many thanks for the very quick reply. The images have already been calibrated. 

I realise that I need to start with 9-Tools and work with combine RGB, but I'm combing the videos to see how to get beyond that. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@jswift Depending on the quality of the data, you may want to continue with calibrate background or calibrate star colors. You can wrap things off with HSL selective color.

ReplyQuote
(@jswift)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
Topic starter  

I think I am missing a fundamental step getting my images into APP . When I use Tools> Combine RGB I'm asked to "add data and select ratios per channel" which does not mean much. That's why I'm looking for some basic docs about how to start at Step 9 🙂

Apologies for these very basic basic questions here. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@jswift In Combine RGB you can load R, G, B, L, Ha, OIII or SII images (each mono and representing a certain filter). Once loaded you can select a certain formula to combine the mono images into a color image. All of R, Ha and SII contribute to red values in the color image and you can select how much each image will contribute to the final result. OIII contributes to both green and blue so when you load OIII, G and B you can again select how much each contributes to green and blue.

EDIT: you can also add RGB images and APP will detect the color channels itself.

ReplyQuote
Share: