Working directory v...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Working directory vs Project directory  

RSS

(@jamesmrobins)
Brown Dwarf Customer
May 6, 2020 09:44  

Hi Mabula,

I'd love to see a separately configurable directory for where APP stores it's working files (the .dat files) separate to where it stores completed files. 

Why?

Because I use cloud compute to run APP. I get free temporary storage - it's fast, but gets cleared every time I reboot. So it would be great to store data here that is transient.I configure my VM to shut down with APP completes, so I can't store completed files in the temp storage, they'll just get erased

I have permanent storage, but it costs - both for space and speed. I want my finished files in here, but not the working files.

Hence the need for two directories.

Thanks!

This topic was modified 7 months ago 2 times by jamesmrobins

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
May 10, 2020 13:45  

Nice suggestion, this can all be integrated when Mabula has his "save features" option programmed, no idea myself when that'll be but it shouldn't take a lot of versions anymore.

ReplyQuote
Share: