Null Pointer Error:...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Null Pointer Error: Encountered Error in Module LNCRejectionWorker - 1.61

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula - I am doing a rather large (878 light frames) integration with multi-channel and multi-session processing, 1st order LNC, 3 iterations, no drizzle, LN Winsor Clip outlier rejection.  It halted after 87% completion with the attached error message.  I found one frame, which was -not- checked, but showed a status of ...NORM FAILED so I removed that from the list and will run again.  I'll update this if removing that frame (which was heavily obscured by clouds) fixes the error.

I wanted to post this in case there is any other information I can provide to help before I shut down this APP session.

Thanks,

Rowland

LNC Error APP 1.61

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Rowland @rowland-f-archer-jr,

So I assume, that removing that single frame with clouds didn't remove the error?

A frame that wasn't normalised, should not be in the integration, APP autoamtically excludes it.

I need to have a look at the LN clipping algorithm 😉 In some cases, you can see a problem in the rejection output map as well.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Yes, removing it did not prevent the problem.  Removing the problem frame and switching to Winsor Clip instead of LN Winsor Clip worked OK.

Thanks,

Rowland

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Rowland F Archer Jr

Yes, removing it did not prevent the problem.  Removing the problem frame and switching to Winsor Clip instead of LN Winsor Clip worked OK.

Thanks,

Rowland

Thank you Rowland @rowland-f-archer-jr,

That is what I thought, the error is in the LN rejection algortihm, I will attend to this problem in the coming days.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jamesmrobins)
White Dwarf

Getting a similar error on v1.074.1 running on OSX when performing LNC on a mosaic. All frames normalized.

Pasted Graphic

ReplyQuote
Share: