Integrate OSC and m...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integrate OSC and mono without splitting channels

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I would like to see a way to integrate OSC masters with mono on the combine RGB tool, with the ability to use sliders for the weights and the ability to put both mono and OSC lights and calibration frames in the tab 1 load at the same time, and the ability to do that without splitting channels.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@imnewhere Just a small question about your first sentence. If you are using the "combine RGB" tool then technically speaking you're not integrating but you're combining color channels. Is that what you meant? If yes, then this already is possible. You can load an RGB image into the "combine RGB" tool. APP will then detect that it is an RGB image and will ask you to specify the channel name for each color channel in the order of R, G and B. Then you can add mono data as well.

Is that what you meant? If yes, can you try for yourself and verify that this works? If no, can you rephrase your question please?

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I meant the ability to combine an RGB image from an OSC camera without splitting the channels. I would like to be able to register, normalize, and stack all of my OSC subs at the same time I do my L, R, G, B, Ha, Sii, and Oiii files. It will fail on normalization. It somehow also generally messes up on integration, giving a really interesting, but not really usable result. I've attached the result combining data from a Pentax K3 DSLR and an FLI PL9000 through LRGB filters.

It looks like that should even be possible due to how we are prompted to select a channel and a session. Having them all stacked and registered at the same time would be awesome. Let's say I am running both of my 10RC scopes at the same time on the same mount after dragging one of the big mounts out. Then let's say I am running a 294 OSC on one doing 6 hours on one target, and on the other a 294 mono in bin 1 mode and doing 2 hours of luminance and 4 hours of Ha. It would be amazing to be able to combine that all without splitting the channels on the 294 OSC, basically layering it over an OSC set that defaults to all channels contained in it locked to each other.

A good for instance would be combining an OSC master with maybe a luminance master or various NB masters, or even with mono R, G, and B channels. It will work as it is set up right now if you don't normalize and you are using pretty much the same resolution and optics by splitting channels on the RGB and skip normalization.

So, in the Combine RGB tool add in these, with OSC not split and all 3 channels locked together:

OSC + LRGB
OSC + L
OSC + RGB
OSC + Ha
OSC + Oiii
OSC + Sii (I don't see this being used often TBH)
OSC + HOO
OSC + SHO
OSC + HSO
OSC + HaL
OSC + OiiiL

Capture

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @imnewhere

I meant the ability to combine an RGB image from an OSC camera without splitting the channels. I would like to be able to register, normalize, and stack all of my OSC subs at the same time I do my L, R, G, B, Ha, Sii, and Oiii files. It will fail on normalization. It somehow also generally messes up on integration, giving a really interesting, but not really usable result. I've attached the result combining data from a Pentax K3 DSLR and an FLI PL9000 through LRGB filters.

Integrating OSC and mono data doesn't work at the moment, despite of the fact that the APP user interface does allow you to load those data at the same time. This is something on Mabula's TODO list for a future release. Not sure if that will be the next release though.

You can integrate the OSC data. Then integrate the L, R, G, B, Ha, SII and OIII data. Then take the integration results and load them as lights. Next go to tab 4 and click register and then click save registered frames. The registered frames you can load into the Combine RGB tool without the need to split the channels.

ReplyQuote
Share: