File save module - ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

File save module - smart preselection

(@turtlecat1000)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

This may already be in the works but the file save dialog in 1.83b2 could use an enhancement. Every time the dialog displays, the file options selected by default are always the first item.

I think it would be more helpful to have it be a bit smarter in context. For example, after a crop it offers FIT at 16 bit integer. It could offer 32 bit float by default. And when saving a stretched file it could default 16 bit tiff instead of 8 bit. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@turtlecat1000 Thanks! I have passed on your tips to Mabula.

TurtleCat liked
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Posted by: @turtlecat1000

This may already be in the works but the file save dialog in 1.83b2 could use an enhancement. Every time the dialog displays, the file options selected by default are always the first item.

I think it would be more helpful to have it be a bit smarter in context. For example, after a crop it offers FIT at 16 bit integer. It could offer 32 bit float by default. And when saving a stretched file it could default 16 bit tiff instead of 8 bit. 

Hi @turtlecat1000,

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.

I have already done it for the 1.083-beta3 and stable release 😉 By default, saving will be in 32bits floats which you always want to do while the data is still not stretched indeed.

I will add your suggestion that when you want to save the data stretched with the save button below the histogram, 16bits TIFF is proposed which is the most logical I think for most users that might want to export the data to Photoshop for instance.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: