A few 2.0 beta 2 bu...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

A few 2.0 beta 2 bugs/change suggestions

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@turtlecat1000)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

1. On a Mac anyway, if you click on the image viewer it is the same action as a zoom. So if you have the window in the background and then click on it you're automatically zooming. Maybe someone wants that but I'd prefer that to be a config not to zoom. Also if you're displaying the analytical graph it doesn't make sense to zoom in there (for me anyway).

2. In the image list if you click on a row and then shift click you can keep extending your selections by shift click. But if you want to reduce your selection (maybe you clicked one or two too far) it will not work. You have to re-select from the beginning.

3. It would be AWESOME to have an auto-remove (auto-delete?) option to specify remove Lights where quality < some number, RMS < some number, star shape < some number.

4. If you're going to have a click to zoom feature there should be a click to zoom out feature with a modifier key such as a shift key or alt/option.

5. Customization of the image list. Mainly in column widths and order. But it would be nice to have the option to remove certain columns that may not matter in our workflow.

6. The interface lets you accidentally select a light file for the master flat. It would be nice if master files (like MF and MD) have an internal tag to identify what they are. Then you could just click a button to say load calibration file and just pick the file and APP would then self-sort it to the right place.

On the whole 2.0 is a big improvement on 1.8 and I'm looking forward to seeing where the app goes in the future.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pass them on to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@passerati)
White Dwarf

Hello everyone, after installing Beta2 on a Windows 11 laptop, I noticed the following:
If you want to change the working directory, or just want to add the lights, darks, etc., the system hangs again and again for about 60-90s. Jumping around in the file browser is therefore a real game of patience. Downgrading to the latest 1.083.4 fixes the problem.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

@passerati Could you create a new topic about this? This was a request for change topic. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@passerati)
White Dwarf

@vincent-mod Done 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: