2023-01-19: APP 2.0.0-beta13 has been released !
!!! Big performance increase due to optimizations in integration !!!
and upgraded development platform to GraalVM 22.3 based on openJDK19
We are very close now to releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...
[Sticky] Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta2 release notes
Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta2
- IMPROVED: USER INTERFACE: IMAGE VIEWER & FRAME LIST PANEL restored to same as in 1.083, by default, APP will have the frame list & image viewer in the main window again. You can choose from 4 window setups now with the CFG menu and all will be remembered between restarts of APP. Please note that depending on hardware, Operating System and drivers, the image viewer can have significant better performance if it is detached especially on macOS M1 hardware:
- 1 Main window with both frame list and image viewer
- 2 Main window with image viewer and separate window with frame list
- 3 Main window with frame list and separate window with image viewer
- 4 Main window and separate window with frame list and separate window with image viewer
CFG menu with option to attach/detach image viewer and or frame list panel
1) Main window with both frame list and image viewer (exactly like 1.083 and earlier)
2) Main window with image viewer and separate window with frame list
3) Main window with frame list and separate window with image viewer
4) Main window and separate window with frame list and separate window with image viewer
- IMPROVED: TOOL INTERFACE: we are making the interface of the tools more consistent. And the tool console outputs have moved into the new Tabbedpane with general console and header info. The following 4 tools have changed their appearance:
- Correct Vignettting
- Remove Light Pollution
- Calibrate Background
- Star Color Calibration
- FIXED: Windows, macOS, Linux (HiDPI) OpenGL Image Viewer with desktop scaling: The 2.0.0-beta1 version did not deal correctly with desktop scaling on all platforms. This is now fixed and will work in a multiple screen setup where the screens have different desktop scaling factors. Issue was reported in 2 topics:
- IMPROVED: LINUX HiDPI support: the DEB and RPM installers now have 2 desktop files, so you can now simply choose how to start APP, regular or a HiDPI version for high resolution monitors. So no special installers are needed anymore for a HiDPI APP version like we provided in 2.0.0-beta1:
- FIXED: LINUX DEB & RPM startup script: as reported by Janos here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/linux/app-2-0-0-beta-1-exit-0pk-bug/ If you start APP from the commandline, you will see that it cleanly exits now.