2023-03-15: APP 2.0.0-beta14 has been released !
IMPROVED FRAME LIST, sorting on column header click and you can move the columns now which will be preserved between restarts.
We are very close now to releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...
Astro Pixel Processor Windows 64-bit
Astro Pixel Processor macOS Intel 64-bit
Astro Pixel Processor macOS Apple M Silicon 64-bit
Astro Pixel Processor Linux DEB 64-bit
Astro Pixel Processor Linux RPM 64-bit
[Closed] Astro Pixel Processor 1.078
Last Post by Mabula-Admin 3 years ago
Topic starter March 20, 2020 14:41
Astro Pixel Processor 1.078
- IMPROVED, 6) INTEGRATE, the last integration that is produced with 6) Integrate will automatically be loaded into the image viewer once the integration process finishes. And the frame list panel will automatically show the new integration files at the bottom. The integration to be loaded into the image viewer is automatically selected and thus loaded into the image viewer.
- IMPROVED, INTEGRATION ENGINE, further testing has been done on the effect of the size of the data integration buffers on both very fast SSD drives as an conventional harddisk drives. The testing confirms that smaller buffers of a certain size will actually be the most efficient for both SSDs as conventional drives. So integrations should be a bit faster now and they will use much less memory, which also helps because it reduces the application overhead.
- IMPROVED, INTEGRATION METADATA, all integration metadata will now be included in the fits header. The settings will no longer be put into the integration files (Light integrations, MB,MD,MDF, MF). So the files will be shorter and simpler, since all relevant processing details will be included in the FITS header.
- IMPROVED, ASSIGN OBJECT NAME TO INTEGRATION FILE NAME, in 1) LOAD you can name enter your object name. This object name will be used to name your light frame integration file. Once you click on integrate in 6) Integrate, APP will ask for confirmation of the object name.
- FIXED, LIBRAW RAW FILE SUPPORT, APP 1.077 could not read RAW FILETYPES like CR2, NEF etc.. when the file path contained non-standard characters like German Umlauts, Cyrillic/Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters. This is now working properly on all platforms (Windows,Linux, MacOS). This error was reported here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/windows-encountered-error-in-module-filedetaillistupdater/
- IMPROVED, LIBRAW RAW FILE SUPPORT, much better error handling while unpacking the raw data and getting the metadata.
- FIXED, MacOS Star Color Calibration, performing Star Color Calibration on MacOS did not work properly due to an OpenGL driver driver issue on MacOS. It caused the image viewer to be black after calculation of the calibration. This is now fixed.
- FIXED, GUI redrawing, some interface drawing code has been adjusted. In APP 1.077, the drawing instructions caused problems in tools like Remove Light Pollution where the area selectboxes could all of a sudden disappear when zooming in/out in the image. This is fixed.
- FIXED, MULTI-CHANNEL/SESSION, if you would load data with filter names of just 1 letter a bug could be triggered as reported here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/1-077-calibration-error-warning-but-needed-files-are-present/ This is now fixed.
- IMPROVED, GUI FONT, to be able to support non-standard characters like Cyrillic/Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters in filepaths, APP has switched to use a new monospaced font that should be able to show all characters worldwide correctly.
- IMPROVED, MULTI-CHANNEL/SESSION, when the first images are loaded into APP, it will no longer ask if you want to enable Multi-Channel/Session processing. They will be enabled by default from now on. Monochrome and RGB data without a filter header tag will automatically be assinged with filter names MONO/RGB. And for Multi-Session processing, you can quickly indicate it's just data of 1 session.
- FIXED, MULTI-CHANNEL/SESSION, a bug has been solved that prevented APP to be able to proces more than 10 sessions into 1 stack/integration. The bug was reported here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/integration-write-fails-file-type-unsupported/
- IMPROVED, FITS FILE SAVER, the fits file saver has been optimized and is much faster now ! In addition, error handling has been improved.
This topic was modified 3 years ago by Mabula-Admin