Yet More Issues Tha...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Yet More Issues That I have No Idea How To Fix

10 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

First off, I am using v1.074.1 of APP

Files are from my Canon DSLR

And I leave everything as default in the RAW tab

So I have loaded my Lights, Flats & Dark Flats in to APP and hit Calibrate, the process runs through creating the Master Dark Flat & then the Master Flat but then failed with this error message:

Untitled

So I thought this was just a one off glitch & ran the data for a second time, this time it failed at exactly the same stage but the error message was different, plus there was one message box on top of another saying the same message:

Untitled2

Also, it took 8 presses of the OK button on these message boxes for the box to unload from my screen.

Here's an image showing what APP was doing right at the failure point from the log viewer:

Untitled3

The files I was using are as follows:

Lights ISO800 200s

Flats ISO100 0.6s

Dark Flats ISO100 0.6s

Yes, I did get the calibration warning about Bias, Dark frames etc but I chose OK to ignore the warning as I am attempting to change from using Darks & Bias to just Flats & Dark Flats.

This cannot be the issue though as I have used this combo of file previously in APP & not had the Java error.

Kirk

This topic was modified 5 years ago by 1CM69

ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Just to add that the files are .cr2 files

Also I remembered that Java updated just a few days ago on the 19th to (Java 8 update 211) if this is at all significant

ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I downloaded and ran the data through v1.074, it failed exactly the same.

I downloaded and ran the data through v1.073 and it calibrated without issue

ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

May have spoken a little too soon... 😉 

I have been noticing a lighter area along the bottom edge of my Integrations lately around the area where the shadow if the prism in my OAG falls.

I have been struggling with an attempt to rectify this assuming that it is a Flats issue that I am having but cannot seem to removing it during Calibration.

So, I just ran the exact same data as used above but this time added in Dark frames matching my Lights & chose the 'adaptive pedestal/reduce amp glow' option under Calibration thinking that perhaps I am seeing some amp glow.

Again, after starting Calibration APP runs for quite a while before showing this error message:

Untitled4

Here is the end of APP Log viewer:

Untitled5

Any ideas??

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

im having the same error with 3 sets of image scales stops right at "Normalization " 0.74.1

normalize error

1CM69 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: rcfmitch

im having the same error with 3 sets of image scales stops right at "Normalization " 0.74.1

normalize error

Doesn’t seem to be any support on this forum lately, guessing Mabula is busy

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

been quiet , yep..

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

My sincere apologies for the lack of activity from our side lately. Mabula is indeed very busy and unfortunately I am as well at this time. We're moving between countries, which is tricky internet-wise. No excuse for you having to wait, just wanted to clarify. I'll try to get more time in and I'll try to get to you here as well asap.

1CM69 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks for replying Vincent. 

Kirk

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

Thanks Vincent...

ReplyQuote