When to do lpr on a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

When to do lpr on a mosaic

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi, I am doing a 2 panel hargb "moasiac"  and wanted to know when I should try light pollution removal.  I have stacked each panel, all hargb files are still separate.  (8 stacks total, 4 for each panel)

Should I integrate each color channel separately, then do light pollution removal,  then rgb combine? 

Thanks

Adam

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Adam @singding,

You will need to try what works best, but performing an initial LP (Light Pollution) correction, should normally only help to have a good result in the mosaic integration.

"initial LP (Light Pollution) correction" would mean, don't correct very aggresively, be carefull and just make sure, that the big gradients, if present, are corrected. Then, after mosaic integration, perform a more thorough LP correction.

And indeed, after correction of the mosaics per channel, create the composite 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

All data needs to be registered at once for a multi-channel mosaic, integrate per channel afterwards:

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@singding)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

So register all frames first, then create each channel's integration,  then register again on each channel,  or will that not be needed?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Adam @singding,

With APP's new multi-channel processing feature, you can do this fully automatically. Just assign the panels to the correct channel. Register all for a mosaic. And then integrate per channel. Should work perfectly 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: