When stacking 2 pre...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

When stacking 2 previously integrated files, I keep getting strange results

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dmglakewood)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have 2 mosaics that I integrated previously. They look almost identical as everything was the exact same, just shot on different nights. When I got to stack these two fit files though I get the following results.

Screen Shot 2022 07 07 at 2.32.59 PM
Screen Shot 2022 07 07 at 2.34.47 PM

I've tried stacking them using everything as default, I've tried stacking them using the mosaic option. I've adjusted the scale start and stop, used dynamic distortion correction, unchecked same camera and optics, I've used quads and triangles for the pattern recognition descriptors and various other options. I continue to get strange circle looking results. Is there something that I'm missing, or overlooking?

What's even stranger (to me) is if I add in a 3rd mosaic session it integrates without any issues. When I don't include that session, I get the strange results. The 3rd session is terrible data, which is why I was trying to stack the other 2 and not include the 3rd.

ReplyQuote
(@dmglakewood)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

For what it's worth, here are the screenshots of the 2 images I'm trying to stack

Screen Shot 2022 07 07 at 2.41.04 PM
Screen Shot 2022 07 07 at 2.41.34 PM

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It's best to create a mosaic from separate panels, not 2 mosaics entirely, I'm also not sure that will work correctly. You could try to switch off dynamic distortion correction..

ReplyQuote
Share: