Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-09-02: APP 2.0.0-beta4 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta4

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta4

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta4

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta4

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta4

Beta3

(@jochen-scharmann)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

Hi,

It's been over a month since beta2 had been released. Are there any plans to release the next beta shortly? Some fixes in there are surely welcome! Also, beta3 notes are missing in the release notes' "work in progress" section. Are there any news/updates available?

Thanks,

Jochen

antoine liked
ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Topic starter  

Hi,

Any response to my question would be highly appreciated. In another thread, I recently read Mabula planned to release beta 3  "within the next 7 days", but that was nearly 2 weeks ago. Forgive me to be unsure of what to think about this...

While I fully understand the issue with firm date commitments pertaining development and release dates , I do not exactly follow why completed fixes are not being released. To mitigate the expectation /commitment problem, in our company we use to release software updates in bi-weekly cycles. Whatever is ready will be pushed out the door for testing, whatever is unfinished will be moved to the next iteration. This way a constant progress is ensured and bugs are identified as early as possible in the process, while developers are relieved from the burden of meeting unrealistic deadlines. For APP, it might be a huge leap forward to implement similar cycles every 4, 8 or 12 weeks. As a first step, beta 3 would be great.

Sincerely,

Jochen 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Hi Jochen, sorry for the delay. We've asked Mabula to respond.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi Jochen @jochen-scharmann,

Beta 3 took much longer due to a problem that was reported on macOS unfortunately relating to virus/malware. It took me a long time to make sure that the problem was not on our end, but caused by false positive of Indego VirusBarrier. It messed up my expectations big time and I could not go forward without having that solved first as you can understand.

Luckily, that issue is now solved and I am working to get the beta3 out there.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin,

Thanks for responding.... keeping fingers crossed for further development!

Cheers,

Jochen

ReplyQuote
Share: