Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Weird artifacts

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@richk67)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Total beginner with APP, and on my latest integration of some Rosette images, I got these weird artifacts in the nebula. Any idea what option I need to choose to get rid of them during integration?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@richk67 Hi Richard. That's hard to say without more information. What camera did you use? How many lights of what exposure time, temperature, gain and offset or ISO? Did you use any calibration images? If yes, which ones and the same questions regarding exposure time, temperature, gain and offset or ISO. Which version of APP did you use? Did you modify any of the settings in APP or did you use all default values?

ReplyQuote
(@richk67)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks for a reply. Its 4 nights lights, 57 of them, ranging from 240sec to 600sec. Canon 6D mkii, WO ZS73. Flats (about 20 per night), Darks about 2hrs per night, Bias about 40 per night. Flats and bias taken immediately after run. Darks - I leave camera in a garden shed shooting darks controlled by ASIAir while I sleep 🙂  Temp close to original. Darks same exposure time as lights for that night. Bias 1/4000. Flats about 1/15. ISO 800 for all except final 12 600sec frames at 1600ISO.

Current version of APP. 1.082. I kept most settings the same I think, except went for Winsorized based on number of frames per night (> 10, <20).

I think I may have switched on Dynamic Distortion Correction, margin I did change to 0.1. Interpolation I set to Mitchell as per Sara Wager's tutorial. I may have selected something for final integration screen... Integrate:average, quality. 

Now retrying on defaults.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@richk67 Thanks for the info. Do you get these artifacts also when you only stack lights of one certain exposure time, for instance only the 240 sec lights?

ReplyQuote
(@richk67)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven No idea yet. Still integrating on base settings. Very much happier with APP than PI.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@richk67 OK no rush. It takes time to process all images, even with APP. Just let me know as soon as you have an answer tomorrow 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@richk67)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I reprocessed with Normalisation. That seems to have worked. Thanks.

Rosette2 RGB preLR

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@richk67 Good to see that you got APP to process your data.

ReplyQuote
Share: