STUCK with 1.059 fl...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

STUCK with 1.059 flat-field calibration bug : How to download 1.058 ??

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@antoine)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I unfortunately cannot process any of my stacks with APP 1.059 due to the flat-field calibration bug. 1.060 is still not out with no due date. How can I download past version of APP ?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @antoine,

My apologies for this inconvenience.

First of all, the bug doesn't manifest itself on all datasets, most datasets are fine actually. Can you share how the results look so we can be sure that it's the flat-field calibration bug that causes your problems?

APP 1.060 will be released in a week or so, with a completely new calibration engine including dark-scaling and with this bugfix as well. I am working very hard to release it as soon as possible.

APP 1.058 actually will contain this bug as well, so downloading it to test it will not make a difference I think. Best is to wait for APP 1.060. (I will compensate you for lost time on your trial period, just contact me 😉 )

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@antoine)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Mabula,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. You have been doing an amazing work so far and I cannot wait enough to see the next release coming through! You can tell how impatient I am because I also contacted you via Twitter )

I have an upcoming art exhibit in a few weeks and I was looking to re-process all my data through APP instead of the default PI pre-process workflow. I am going to only process the ones that do not exhibit the flat-field calibration bug in APP.

You are absolutely right in saying few data-sets are impacted. See attached below the 77 light frames stack using 30 flat frames and one master bias having what looks like the flat field issue.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @antoine,

Yes, it could be the bug, but it could also be the case, that APP 1.059 is very strict regarding calibration for ISO/gain and exposure time. If the bias frames don't match both the flats and lights for ISO/gain, then that could be the cause as well here. APP 1.060 will solve that issue as well 😉 by removing those restrictions in calibration.

APP 1.060 is nearly ready now...

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@antoine)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks Mabula. I believe I carefully followed your advice regarding bias/flat/lights acquisition.

In any case, stop teasing us with 1.060 release! Not fair.. We are dying to download it asap! If you drink enough coffee tonight you might be able to finish it by dawn. Just saying

Thanks for your hard work

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: