Strange stars cross...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Strange stars cross mark on Luminance channel appearing after integration  

RSS

(@sebaastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 9, 2021 13:09  

Hello,

I have been using APP for few weeks now and loving it. For the first time i came across a strange issue: after completing the integration the luminance channel shows some cross marks on stars. I have not changed any setting and usually I leave them as shown. The other channels are free from these marks.

Any idea what they would be caused from?

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Sebastiano Romano

ReplyQuote
(@sebaastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 9, 2021 13:12  

adding correct image...sorry

M63 stars problem

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 9, 2021 14:14  

Very interesting, not seen that before i think. Can you post a screenshot of your masterdark, masterbias and masterflat as well? Just to have a quick look. I'll probably ask for some of the data as well later.

ReplyQuote
(@sebaastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 9, 2021 14:54  

OK Thanks.

Attached as requested.

Also note that I use a refractor so those artifacts are generated by the software and not by the lens. I use FLAT DARK instead of BIAS frames. Never had this issue.

Master DARK
Master DARK FLAT
Master FLAT

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 9, 2021 15:07  

Thanks, seems ok, so I'd have to see the data to check further.

Please upload some of the relevant subs to our server;

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and use upload1 as username and upload1 as password.

Create a directory named “sebaastro-crosses” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@sebaastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 9, 2021 16:03  

I have uploaded 7 original light frames (from different sessions).

One note that could help to narrow down the root cause: the integration is a 5 sessions (nights) but for the first session i didn't have any luminance but only RGBHa frames. This is the only thing different I did this time from previous integrations i have made with APP.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 9, 2021 16:14  

Would you mind also uploading your master calibration files?  Forgot to mention that sorry.

ReplyQuote
(@sebaastro)
Molecular Cloud Customer
June 9, 2021 16:29  

No problem. Just finished to upload those as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: