Strange star color ...

Share:

We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme...  so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.

Strange star color calibration issu  

RSS

(@jw_duijndamhetnet-nl)
Red Giant Customer
September 16, 2018 15:51  

@mabula-haverkamp-administrator

Hi Mabula,

I've been bussy with APP today, i made a stack of M8, M21 and M22. Then apply the remove light pollution tool, work great :)!!!

And after this i want to apply the star collor callibration, (a few months ago you dit help me with the settings for my type of cam. and the Idas LPS D1 filter), i used the same settings as i always use (normally it works great), but this time the star color don't seem to work correctly. Befor i use the calibration tool (see picture before) the stars are nice round and white (to white) but when i apply the tool the stars are also round but on the upperside right the are white and the down side lift the are blue, sort of half colored stars.

Am i doing something wrong?

Kind regards,

Jan-Willem Duijndam

Star color calibration issu start calibration
Star color calibration issu after calibration

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
October 6, 2018 09:10  

It's a bit difficult to see, but it almost looks like the blue stars are blue because the colors aren't aligned very nicely, could that be if you look closely? I seem to see it in general with all stars.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin
October 14, 2018 13:42  

Hi Jan-Willem @jw_duijndamhetnet-nl & Vincent @vincent-mod

( I helped Jan-Willem by email to solve the issue, but I place the solution here for completeness 😉 )

The issue indeed, is mis-aligned of the stars, it looks like longitudinal chromatic aberration.

The solution is to:

1. load the RGB data as a light frame
  2.  in 2) Calibrate, enable "Align Channels"
  3. save the calibrated frame.

The Align Channels feature will correct all forms of chromatic aberration using a special registration model 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

Main developer of Astro Pixel Processor and owner of Aries Productions

ReplyQuote
(@jw_duijndamhetnet-nl)
Red Giant Customer
October 15, 2018 17:41  

Hi Mabula and Vincent,

I did try align the channels and this resolve the mayority of te "shifting" for the rest i did set the blue-red slider a little less to the blue side (it was way to high to the blue side) an it seems a lot better.

Thanx to you both for the help, when te picture is finished i will share it on the forum :)!

Cheers Jan-Willem

(@vincent-mod)
Black Hole Moderator
October 16, 2018 23:00  

Awesome! Always great when things get resolved fast. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: