Strange star color ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Strange star color calibration issu

5 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@jan-willem)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@mabula-haverkamp-administrator

Hi Mabula,

I've been bussy with APP today, i made a stack of M8, M21 and M22. Then apply the remove light pollution tool, work great :)!!!

And after this i want to apply the star collor callibration, (a few months ago you dit help me with the settings for my type of cam. and the Idas LPS D1 filter), i used the same settings as i always use (normally it works great), but this time the star color don't seem to work correctly. Befor i use the calibration tool (see picture before) the stars are nice round and white (to white) but when i apply the tool the stars are also round but on the upperside right the are white and the down side lift the are blue, sort of half colored stars.

Am i doing something wrong?

Kind regards,

Jan-Willem Duijndam

Star color calibration issu start calibration
Star color calibration issu after calibration

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It's a bit difficult to see, but it almost looks like the blue stars are blue because the colors aren't aligned very nicely, could that be if you look closely? I seem to see it in general with all stars.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Jan-Willem @jw_duijndamhetnet-nl & Vincent @vincent-mod

( I helped Jan-Willem by email to solve the issue, but I place the solution here for completeness 😉 )

The issue indeed, is mis-aligned of the stars, it looks like longitudinal chromatic aberration.

The solution is to:

1. load the RGB data as a light frame
  2.  in 2) Calibrate, enable "Align Channels"
  3. save the calibrated frame.

The Align Channels feature will correct all forms of chromatic aberration using a special registration model 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jan-willem)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula and Vincent,

I did try align the channels and this resolve the mayority of te "shifting" for the rest i did set the blue-red slider a little less to the blue side (it was way to high to the blue side) an it seems a lot better.

Thanx to you both for the help, when te picture is finished i will share it on the forum :)!

Cheers Jan-Willem

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Awesome! Always great when things get resolved fast. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: